user_RH7124's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, June 22nd, 2024 2:37 PM

channel request

I want xfinity to consider adding the RFD-TV Network to the available channel lineup.  I'm sure this has been requested by others, so I want to add my voice to those requests.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

user_RH7124 Hello, and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. Based on my review, it appears that this network is available for streaming through a subscription rather than being included in our current channel lineups. For more detailed information, I recommend visiting their website.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to let me know. We're here to help!

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityChristy​ Well, yeah, that's true of nearly all the networks, including the many of the ones that Xfinity *does* carry and provide to us subscribers.  So why would RFD-TV be any different, and why couldn't Xfinity simply add it to their channel lineup like all the other networks.  My point is -- I don't want to pay yet another fee for yet another network -- I would like it to be added to the Xfinity offerings and included with my (already expensive!) Xfinity subscription.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_RH7124 Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I understand your frustration regarding the addition of RFD-TV to our channel lineup. Unfortunately, that is the only information I have about this network. Most of the channels that we offer are owned by media companies other than Comcast, which means we need to pay those companies in order to bring their channels to our customers. We negotiate contracts with these media companies to obtain the rights to carry their channels, on-demand content, and streaming apps on our platforms but it does have to be a two-way conversation.  How it works

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I can't imagine them refusing to have such a conversation with a TV service interested in distributing their product.  But thanks for the response.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

We've been requesting RFD-TV for years now.  And especially since nearly every type of MUSIC TASTE is included (and on multiple channels) except COUNTRY, which used to be on GAC (but isn't anymore) and CMT (which is some, but is very limited).  We've gotten nowhere.  Just one good country channel would at least make things fair.  My thoughts on this are the same as user_RH7124.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here