Pres_Shoob's profile

Friday, August 2nd, 2024 10:58 PM

Channel request - MeTV Toons and Boomerang

I am posting this to request that Xfinity add a channel and return another to their lineup. The first one is a new OTA subchannel called MeTV Toons; I imagine this would be on a market-by-market basis, but since Xfinity carries the other subchannels from the station it is on in my market I hope they will add it to our lineup. On a similar note, while I realize that Xfinity dropped Boomerang a number of years back, I would love to see them return it to the channel lineup someday. Thanks for your attention to this!

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

1 month ago

Comcast themselves never carried Boomerang. When they were buying up systems, some did have it and Comcast only continued carrying it until contracts expired.

Boomerang's days are numbered. Warner Brothers/Discovery (WBD) is shutting down the Boomerang streaming service, with Boomerang subscriptions being converted to Max. Boomerang content will move to Max. Odds are, the linear channel will probably shut down within a few months, a year at most.

As far as MeTV Toons, it is a broadcast network. If it's available locally, it's up to the station and Comcast to come to an agreement. Don't always blame Comcast. Some of the megacorps that own many TV stations are vicious about getting all the money they can in retransmission fees.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you for your feedback and for letting us know which channel you'd like to enjoy, Pres_Shoob. Your feedback helps us reevaluate the channels and programs we offer.
Discover which Comcast channels are available to you along with more information. You can also go straight to your channel lineup using your address.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here