user_pgb276's profile

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 9:05 PM

Closed

Channel lineup changes in Massachusetts scheduled for September 21st did not happen

We received notice on two bills and an email last week that many channels were being moved to new numbers on September 21st. September 21st came and went and the channels are still on their prior numbers. When will the change happen?

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here in the Digital Care team. You have reached the Xfinity experts who can certainly assist you with your channel lineup related changes. We can do some digging to find that additional information on the changes, but it will vary depending on the market you are in. For future reference, you can always visit our website to find your channel lineup for your address. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Contributor

• 

46 Messages

11 months ago

Same here...except change date was supposed to be 10/10.  All still the same. Phone support had no clue.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@hybucket Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team, and bringing your lineup to our attention. I'm happy to assist you in getting some answers today. Since channel lineups can vary by region a bit, can you please give me one of the channels that was supposed to change or the network? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I’m concerned because MSNBC has disappeared from my streaming app as of today. What is happening?

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

I would be more than happy to check on your channels to gain a better understanding of what is going on @user_pgb276, please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

10 months ago

There is no good reason for changing almost every channel number except someone had to justify their job and came up with a ridiculous idea and everyone went along with it. Did you ever think how this would affect the elderly? How will never figure this out. As usual, no respect or thought for the customer. 

Official Employee

• 

281 Messages

We have created a standard channel lineup, so no matter where you live, you'll find the same programming on the same channels. You can use your Xfinity Voice Remote to easily find your favorite channels, and you’ll see messaging on the broadcast channels to tell you their new location. For more information, see Voice Command Tips for the Xfinity Voice Remote.

Any DVR scheduled recordings for programming on stations that have moved won't be impacted. They'll continue to record as originally scheduled. In addition, programming recorded prior to these changes won't be impacted.

We regularly review our channel lineup and make changes based on our more popular packages with the most viewed programming. At any time you can Find the Comcast Channel Lineup for Your Address to confirm which channels are on which tier. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here