Laneyny's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Saturday, March 30th, 2024 3:05 AM

Channel 7 Boston black screen

I was watching Channel 7 Boston WHDH this AM (3/29) and all of the sudden, the screen went black.  That happens every so often, as does some pixelating and stuttering on diff channels.  That has been happening on channel 7 the last couple 12 hours later, the channel is still out.  Why is that?

The rest of my channel are fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

Laneyny Thank you so much for your post and for your help with the black screen you are getting when tuning to channel 7. Channel 7 is used for local programing in most areas, are you by chance seeing any XRE or RDK error with code or message? If there was a connection issue with the Xfinity network you would receive one of those errors with a code and message if that is not popping up there may be an issue with the programming currently on the channel or a lack there of as we are only responsible for sending the local programming from the source to you all.

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

PIt came back next AM. I did not see an error code. There had been pixelating on a couple channels, and a stutter of tv video here and there.  Assumed it was all connected. It is frustrating, but in this situation, the black screen sounds like you are saying is not your issue.  
Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Laneyny Thank you for letting me know Plt came back for you. If you do see an error code or message pop up like I mentioned let me know I would be more than happy to look more into it for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here