U

18 Messages

Saturday, June 29th, 2024 9:53 PM

channel 343, Channel 344

Channel 343 and 344 are no longer there.  These 2 channels were the majority of my daily viewing along with the news.  I can't justify spending so much money on cable TV when basic channels aren't there anymore.  I would bet this has something to do with Comcast not wanting to pay the broadcaster in order to save money. I am looking at my options.  I hope other customers who enjoyed Channel 343 and 344 are doing the same.

1 Message

3 months ago

I, too, miss Ch 343 !! 

18 Messages

3 months ago

Movies! has responded to my email with the following: "Comcast has made some changes in the Seattle area and Movies! and Story Television are not available on Comcast/Xfinity systems at this time."  Just as I presumed, this is the result of a Comcast/Xfinity decision to conserve their own costs in negotiating contracts and continuing to charge customers the same or increased amounts for fewer services.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Got it, user_bt4wtn. You are correct. We sent out a communication about the change on the April/May statements for the areas that were affected. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. You can check out our How it Works resource for additional information on how our agreements with broadcasters can change. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

18 Messages

So how can we lobby to get these channels back?  I bet you have a multitude of unhappy customers due to this single decision. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here