Lothlaurien's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, October 6th, 2021 2:46 AM

Closed

CBS Sound Cracks

I’ve noticed when watched CBS shows recorded on my DVR that the sound cracks a lot. Doesn’t happen on any other networks. Anyone else get this or know how to fix?

thanks!

Lauren

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @Lothlaurien, thank you for reaching out to us for help with your DVR recordings. We will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

3 years ago

Hello Lauren, I am currently experiencing this same issue for several weeks right now. At this very moment, I am talking to someone from Tier 2 Tech support over at Xfinity in order to report this issue to the proper channels. Here is my post concerning this matter: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/cbs-primetime-shows-poppingdistortion/6176433a3fc3e17674ca352a

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

Is there an update on this issue?

Has it been escalated to engineering?

I'm in the Philadelphia viewing area in South Jersey. I have verified it happens on SD and HD and does not happen on off air Antenna 

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

@spbutler​ Hello, I do not know how to get it moved up or escalated any more than it *should* have already been.

Back in October, I had a Comcast Xfinity technician visit my house and try to see if the problem was isolated to just my home. If he could find anything wrong with my equipment or signal, testing for voltage in the line, etc. When he was baffled and could not progress further with isolating the issue, he contacted his Super Advisor who told him to record the sound, which he did. I pointed out that the sound issue does not occur when watching and of the shows on Xfinity On-Demand.

He recorded on his phone the sound static/crackle/spike on 2 programs I had DVR'd and he then told his Super Visor and sent him the recordings. When he left, he ended up telling me that both he and his supervisor will be watching CBS prime time and listening, and that both of them have DVR recordings of at least 1 of the programs I had DVR'd and will check their recordings.

I heard back from the tech the day after and they he said he watched what he had recorded on the DVR along with the Super Visor watching CBS Prime Time live and said they both heard the static/crackle/spiking, etc. in the audio. He then told me that the Super Visor has escalated this issue as high as they could because it was no longer a local problem.

It is now Feb 23rd, 2022 and I the problem is still happening on almost every CBS show that airs during the CBS Prime Time lineup.

I don't know what else to do.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 years ago

I thought Comcast was monitoring this forum?

What area are you in?

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

@spbutler​ I am in Somerdale, NJ and I think this problem is over the heads of most Comcast support consultants.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out to us about the audio issues on CBS, @Agilis. I'd like to take a look at your account for the work that has been done and find the next best step towards a resolution.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help :). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Comcast Xfinity support. Has this been referred to the local Head end or to engineering?

Multiple reports. Different areas.

Going on for months.

Doesn't do it on antenna. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

yes very annoying, any help on this issue

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

2 years ago

Here's the latest as of Tuesday from Comcast Support after going back and forth over a course of couple weeks. I have been dealing with this issue extensively and rest assure I am trying to get some kind of resolution. That being said...

We did receive an update from our engineer team in regard to the signal concerns that are happening on CBS. They have recommended sending a technician to the location as they are seeing some signal concerns specifically with your boxes that can cause the issues you are having directly. I know this has been a frustrating process since October, and we want to ensure we get to the bottom of it fully.

I do not know if the Comcast engineering team is saying something is wrong with my signal to my home from the street OR the a specific model of boxes are affected. The technician in October said our signal was perfect. I am waiting on clarification.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

The problem isn't in your house or box or outside plant.

This is doing it on X1 boxesand also legacy old boxes.

Someone from Chicago stated they have same issue.

This needs to be sent to digital engineering team.

Retired Comcast Headend Technician 

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

@spbutler​ Comcast's latest response: Now when the engineers say that there are signal issues it is actually to the neighborhood and not your home directly.

Contributor

• 

590 Messages

2 years ago

If it helps any, I am in the Chicago area, and I also have noticed CBS audio "glitches". But it only happens once or twice in an hour show- for a second or two.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here