Agilis's profile

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

Monday, October 25th, 2021 5:40 AM

Closed

CBS PRIMETIME Shows Popping/Distortion

For weeks now, when watching CBS Primetime shows, both LIVE or via DVR, every show is plagued with audio pops, static, distortion.

Shows include, but not limited to Equalizer, NCIS: Hawaii, FBI line-up, Magnum PI.

I’ve tried bypassing my home theater system to use just the TV’s audio processing and it happens. I’ve also tried the other X1 box and the same issues are present.

We currently have two XG1v4 boxes. These pops, static, distortion seem to be the result of over amplification.

Now when we watch any of the shows via ON-DEMAND, the audio issues are not present.

So LIVE and DVR shows from CBS Primetime have the issues.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @Agilis! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I apologize to hear that you are having issues when it comes to the audio. That's certainly frustrating when you're trying to watch your favorite show. You had mentioned in another post that you were speaking with Tier 2 Tech support. Have they been able to correct the issue as of yet?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

hi, I have the same problem on all CBS 3 shows I get a crackling on my center channel,  I have over 15,000.00 in my equipment  

Contributor

• 

78 Messages

@joemix @XfinityMichaelC  I had a tech come out to my residence and listen to multiple DVR recordings that demonstrated the issue. Perplexed, he contacted his supervisor and sent the supervisor a recording on his phone of the issue. They both agreed they would watch some of CBS's primetime lineup, as well as some of CBS shows they had DVR'd themselves, to see if it's not just a local issue. After one night, they confirmed they heard the static pops on live shows as well as shows they DVR'd weeks prior. The supervisor then escalated the issue.

As of today, Sunday 12/12/2021, it still has not been fixed yet.

I can confirm Joe it's not electrical noise/voltage coming into the speaker. That was my concern as well since I have high-end equipment that I do not want damaged. From what I can tell, the static noise is in the show's soundtrack. And I can also confirm it is not just the center channel that is affected. I have heard the noise in both surround left and right channels. The supervisor that escalated the issue has told me that the issue seems to be where the broadcast is received via satellite and converted but I do not know how true this is.

Joe, I can confirm that the on-demand versions of the show(s) do not have the static issue.

I really hope this issue is resolved. In my opinion, this is a serious problem because I cannot be 100% certain that this noise will not damage audio equipment at a certain volume.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

Hi, @joemix.

If you are still experiencing this similar issue, I'd love to help look a bit closer on the account to see if we are getting the same result or to help bring this to the right team's attention. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3DL2p8I
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Thank you for that update, @Agilis! I'm glad to hear that they were able to discover the issue so we can get to the bottom of it. A lot of times it can be an elusive issue where the tech is not able to see the problem when they are there. If you have not had any updates as of yet, I would like to have a look into this to see if I can find an update for you. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here