pjnanook's profile

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 5:11 AM

CBC only in described video

CBC HD seems now to be only with described video.  Can you guys turn it off?  It is not on any other channel and described video is not even on for that channel so it must be something from the origin.  Either what you are getting or settings on your system.  Can you fix it to be like it was before?  One of the main reasons I have Xfinity is the CBC now it is hard to enjoy.

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

1 m ago

described video is a setting that can be toggled on and off, 

have you checked to make sure it is in the off position?

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

@billmich88888 Yes, I have checked.  It only does it on 619 and the version of the channel up over 1000.  It only started after the CBC moved positions in the line up recently.  

The master setting for discribed video is off and it is off on playback as well.

Official Employee

• 

353 Messages

Hello, @pjnanook

Are you using a cable box or another device to view the channel? If you have multiple cable boxes, is it happening on all of them? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

488 Messages

@pjnanook 

are you near detroit, or buffalo?

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

@billmich88888

Both cable boxes do it.  I use a cable box to tune. (one DVR is primary and then the small box)  I have had these boxes for quite some time.  This only started when they moved the channel a few weeks back.  We did move about two miles but, these are the same boxes which have worked great for a few years.  

I discussed this with a very nice employee,  Alfonzo, who I connected with through the FaceBook page and he up channeled a ticket after he had me do some troubleshooting.  That was a couple of days ago and still I have Described Video on CBC only.  No other channels do this.  Alfonzo said I should hear something in 48 hours.  Sadly, I have not and the problem still exists.  I am thinking of going door to door and asking the neighbors if it shows up on their systems but, being new here, they might not welcome me with open arms.

Dollars to doughnuts, I am betting on a setting that got changed when they moved the channel.  I used to run a campus cable system.  Only 3 channel sat feed and two more local channels for training.   So I am not up on this complexity of a system such as Comcast but I do know a thing or two about cable and sat feeds.  

A home theater geek as well. Just set up my new 4K projector.  Waiting on a new sensor to come in so I can calibrate it.  Sit about 11 feet from a 110" screen.   Needless to say quality TV is important in our house.  I guess that I just need to keep complaining until someone actually does something about it.  The field techs in the last city I lived in (different provider) said the head end folks don't listen to them either.  They told me that the number of complaints are tracked and then that number drives repairs.  

For the Comcst employee:  My ticket number is  CR005250261

Billmich  I am in Tacoma WA

Might have to look into Dish or Direct TV.  I think I can argue my way out of the 1 year commitment I just started since the service I signed up for is broken.

Official Employee

• 

353 Messages

@pjnanook

I appreciate the details and for the ticket number! I was able to locate the ticket and do see it's currently assigned and being investigated by our advanced team on the backend. They have not provided an update yet, but it does show it's not isolated to just your TV. I will follow up with you and keep an eye on the ticket. I know the delay in getting this resolved must be frustrating, but appreciate your patience while we figure out what's causing the Described Video to play on CBC for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here