jdhigginson's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, January 15th, 2024 12:15 AM

Closed

can't downgrade plan

I want to downgrade my plan to the lowest tier, 10 channels, but when I do, the web interface adds back in kids & family, sports & news, and entertainment from my current plan.  I manually remove those in the next screen but in the final confirmation screen, they reappear with associated costs, making my total higher than before.  Your chatbots are unhelpful.  Posting this to be able to direct message someone at xfinity because for some reason the option to DM is hidden by default.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

After posting this the option to DM xfinity support appeared so I messaged them and....no response.  Tried several other ways of communicating with them to no avail.  So I've complained to our state attorney general's office.  I bet if enough of us complain about their deceptive practices we'll see some change.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @jdhigginson. Thank you for reaching out and creating a new post. I understand you would like to make some changes to your plan, and we can certainly help. As a heads-up, it can take a day or two for a reply from our team. We work on each post/case as they come, and we'll reach back on your post with any assistance you need as we get to your request. I did see your direct message, and I will follow up there shortly. 
However, I wanted to bring to your attention that sending an unsolicited private message is a violation of the community guidelines which you can find here. I can completely understand the urgency for assistance, but I wanted to give you a heads-up as you create posts in the future. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Perhaps that is why it took 5 days to resolve my simple issue.  Only at Comcast would it be against the rules to contact customer service.  Such a requirement for your guidelines and hiding the ability to contact customer service directly are completely antithetical to the idea of customer service and I hope your company makes a decision to ultimately help rather than hinder people. Unfortunately, given your company's history, it will likely take legal action. But maybe after your customers continue to leave in droves, someone at the top will decide that their obstructionist policies are not in the best interest of those you purport to serve.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here