U

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2022 6:02 PM

Closed

Bought Roku to watch recorded programs. Fast forwarding is done in seconds & cannot see when ads have ended. Is there a fix?

​In trying to identify a category and topic, I fear this is not a problem the community can help me with. The subject pretty much explains it. I wanted to be able to relax in my bedroom and use my smart TV to watch shows I've recorded. To my dismay, it is not like watching when using my Xfinity remote where I can fast-forward and see when the ad ends (well, almost).  With my Roku set only the times are being shown but as my vision is impaired, I really cannot see the times unless I get up and stand in front of the TV. Of course, seeing the times is not helpful since I don't know how long the ads last. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

@user_97e3a7 Hi there! Thanks for the post about the small text using the Stream app on your Roku device. Have you tried to adjust the screen ratio on your actually tv? I would suggest checking out the tv settings to see if that can help at all. 

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

There are no such settings for this on the TV (as there are with a monitor).

Is fast forwarding, when I watch a recorded program, controlled by the TV or the Xfinity app? If it is the app then may I suggest that one be able to choose  to fast forward in increments 1, 2 or 3 minutes? If I stand in front of the TV I can see that it is "counting", so if it has this ability, the app could be redesigned to offer skipping in increments as an option.

Note that when given the chance to offer feedback about the app, the choices did not really fit my problem.

Thanks.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

We really appreciate that feedback. The fast forwarding is controlled by the app. The increments at the moment are only 30 seconds. We do have our Smart Resume feature. Smart Resume lets you easily resume watching your program after fast-forwarding through commercial breaks in DVR recordings. When you start to fast-forward, you’ll automatically be returned to where the show picks up once the break’s over. Have you used that at all? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Is there a way to turn on Smart Resume? I am able to choose (by clicking) the rate of the fast forward, but must push the play/pause key to stop forwarding.

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityJodie​  Is there a way to turn on Smart Resume? I am able to choose, by clicking, the rate of the fast forward (or reverse), but must push the play/pause key to stop forwarding. These are the standard buttons for these functions. The remote I'm using is the Roku TV remote. Is there another remote I could use that would have this function?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

358 Messages

Hi! The Smart Resume is a great feature I use it all the time. The Smart Resume can only be turned on by an Xfinity remote.-Miguel

I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum or work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityMiguel​ So if I'm using the xfinity app on a smartTV, can I buy an xfinity remote to operate it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here