U

Friday, September 29th, 2023 4:58 PM

Closed

Bogus Recordings

I try to do a series recording for a NEW show. However, for this particular show, it also sets up a series recording of the same named show on another channel. I continuously have to manually delete these 2 ‘extra’ bogus recordings every day. How can I fix this? Thx.

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

1 year ago

Is it the same show, or is it an entirely different show that just happens to have the same name?

If it's the same show, then I don't think there is a way to prevent the unneeded recordings - it's a "safety feature" to prevent you from missing shows because they were moved. (For example, if you have, say, WWE SmackDown recording on Fox, but the local Fox station is airing something else on a particular Friday night, it may be moved to Buzzr where you live; this feature means you won't miss the episode.)

Pardon me for asking, but which show, and what channels is it being recorded on?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Hello user_14c8fb,thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand how frustrating that must be and want to help. Have you tried to search for the incorrect show to cancel the recording?

3 Messages

Yes I have. But for some reason that also cancels the correct recording on the station I want. It’s almost as if both channels are interlinked somehow. This happens only for ONE show (recorded as new) on CBS and then it also records the same show (not episode) two more times that day on BETD. I then have to manually delete the two extra recordings I don’t want.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for providing those additional details. I'd like to check into this further for you. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

@user_14c8fb​ - There is an option to record on just one channel.
1. In the Guide, go to the next recording of your show on the channel you want, then click on it.
2. Select "Modify Recording" at the bottom.
3. In the window that appears, go to "Channels"
4. It should say "HD Preferred" or "SD Preferred", click on the right arrow until it says "(this channel) Only".
5. Click on "Confirm" to save the change.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

When you set up the timer, select this channel only.

3 Messages

Thank ya’ll. The fix that ThatDonGuy and teachsac suggested seems to have worked. I appreciate your responses.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here