U

Thursday, September 21st, 2023 5:18 AM

Closed

Blocked service to channel

I currently pay Xfinity more than twice what I would be with a streaming platform like you tube tv. Now fox has been blocked in our area (Spokane, wa) due to financial disputes. I’m 48 and haven’t made the change to a different service out of familiarity and comfort with Xfinity. But it’s football season along with other content on the network I’m missing out on while still paying the same rate. Xfinity is making it pretty easy for me to finally make the change. Really disappointing and pretty stupid. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_e33f7e Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our Community Forums Team regarding your channel lineup. I can see how not having one of your favorite channels is disappointment, this is one of my favorites as well. I hope this explanation helps, please feel free to let me know if you have any follow-up questions or concerns I may answer for you. 

We pay programmers in order to bring you the entertainment you love, and our agreements with programmers expire from time to time. We have successfully negotiated thousands of agreements with programmers and reached agreements in almost every instance. We continue to work to bring this programming back, but only with fair terms and conditions that make sense for our customers. For more information on how we work to bring you great content and to stay up to date on programming negotiations, https://www.xfinity.com/howitworks/. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

All channels can be viewed EXCEPT for Fox News. This  has to be an intentional effort by Comcast to prevent viewers from watching the channel. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here