U

Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 4:35 PM

Closed

Big Ten Network

Both channel options appear to be in SD and not HD (1313 and 403). Why is there no HD option in 2023?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

I'm glad we were able to help confirm the Big Ten network streams in HD only via direct message, @user_de9eec. Please contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns at any time, we're available 7 days a week. In the meantime, stay safe and enjoy the rest of your day!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am confused…where did you confirm the Big10 is in HD only? Which channel? Please advise.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_de9eec Thanks for reaching out for the issue. Typically, I find that our higher channel numbers are the HD version of the network channel. Unless the program was not available in HD, I believe it should have been available. Since our channels vary by area, I can't check to verify, but I would love to help out. You can also check the guide to see if the program is offered in HD. Can you please send us a direct message with you name and service address?

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

11 months ago

Comcast Xfinity SHOULD choose to offer the Big 10 Network in HD !
I believe ALL the other Conferences are streaming in High Definition EXCEPT the Big 10 . . . ?

In my research, it appeared that it is the cable PROVIDERS choice on this.  
There are A LOT of Big 10 fans on the West Coast that would appreciate this modern day service of HD for the Big 10 network. 

Especially since we have to pay an additional $9.99/month for this channel!!!

From a LONG time Xfinity customer that loves the Big 10 and is not happy about this

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @billf2 & @user_092074

Thanks for spending your time to contact XFINITY over our forums' page for help with finding out if we offer Big 10 Network in HD and for the channel number. As a huge college football fan myself, I understand the importance of being able to watch your favorite teams. We can help. The Big Ten Network availability varies based on region in the Northeast Division and is only available as part of the More Sports & Entertainment Package in the Greater Boston and Western New England Regions. In order to check on this for your area, I will just need you to send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums' profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

It's embarrassing that in 2023 it's not in HD.  I've had this package for over 10 years now and have travelled to other parts of the country where it is in HD.  What is the reason for it being in SD when SEC, PAC12, etc. are in HD?  

Official Employee

• 

828 Messages

@TJS31 We can check on the BIG 10 Network HD concerns on our end to see if that's available for you. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

6 months ago

I have had multiple direct messages with Xfinity staff…everyone says it should be in HD.  IT IS NOT.  Even had a tech come to my house and he said there is not an HD signal.

Question is - when will Xfinity provide Big Ten in HD to the west coast (Bay Area)?  This would be enough of a deal breaker for me to switch to another provider.

Especially with the PAC-12 network going away.

Would love an answer.

2 Messages

Great point about the impact of the Pac-12 and Big 10 changes.  Hopefully with the change Xfinity will finally correct this issue!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_z4vnkr Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I would be happy to look into this with you. You can also check your channel lineup here to make sure you are on the correct channel. If you would like me to take a look for you send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here