U

Friday, October 11th, 2024 4:55 PM

big 10 network

I just got an e-mail from Xfinity that says I have the BIG-10 network as part of my plan (Ultimate TV package).   But when I click on the channel I get a box that says I need a subscription.   I called Xfinity yesterday when I first heard the news and was told the ultimate tv package does not include the BIG-10 network and I needed to add the channel for an additional charge.  But again today I get a message that says I have it.   So which is it?  Does the ultimate tv package include it?  I would hope so with the name ultimate and if it doesn't then the e-mail you sent me is a blatant lie.      

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

4 days ago

I wanted to give everyone an update.  I went to my local Xfinity store and talked to someone there who said the ultimate package includes the BIG-10 network at no charge.   He did a system refresh from the store for me (you can also do it from home) and it worked.  I got home and tried it and I have the BIG-10 network.  Thanks for all the comments.      

Contributor

• 

58 Messages

4 days ago

I've been complaining about this for a long, long time and then finally we get news that there is an agreement with Xfinity to show the Big Ten Network in the states where the Pac 12 have now joined the conference.

I did get the email myself too today but when I go to view the channel it says I need a subscription. So in typically Xfinity fashion they send the email out first before we can even view the channel and the email doesn't say anything about a later date. My guess/hope is we will be able to view the channel tomorrow when the football games start this weekend.

(edited)

1 Message

4 days ago

I have same issue.  Got the email saying I had it, but TV says I need a subscription.  Checked the channel lineup listing on their website and it showed Big10 now included on ultimate and the popular tv tier of channels for our area, however when chatting with sales rep online they said its still $9.99. Maybe they should get on the same page............

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_66tm2g It sounds like you may be a customer out west. Starting October 10, the Big Ten Network has been added to the Popular TV and Digital Starter Xfinity TV tiers, and the Sports & News genre pack in the Pacific Northwest and California Regions in West Division. The Big Ten Network will be removed from the More Sports & Entertainment package in these locations on December 19 the $9.99 add-on. If not a west customer it has been added to the channel tiers in other areas already but some Western area schools were not included this will help with those missing games. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

58 Messages

4 days ago

Update - the Big Ten Network is available to me now. No System Refresh needed.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @GRBU2, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media. I'm happy to hear it is working for you now. 

While we're checking on your account, do you have any other concerns I can help with? If so, to access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I am in the SF Bay area and I also got an email stating that the Big 10 network is now included in my Popular TV lineup.  However, I can't access the Big 10 network.  I am still using a CableCard and I realize that it might not be available to CableCard users.  However, I also do not see channel 1313 when I log into Xfinity Stream.  I tried using the Xfinity Assistant, but all that does is send me over to "manage your plan."  Can you take a look at my account?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here