Kathleen_E's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 5:37 PM

bally sports north on analog TV with Comcast box connected-Minneapolis

I posted a question yesterday but forgot to mention my location: Minneapolis (western suburbs).  I have some old (fat) analog TVs with official Comcast boxes connected, and the services have worked well for years. My analog channel on these old TVs with the Comcast boxes has been 28.  When BSN stopped broadcasting through Comcast in May, I got the purple screen saying "not available" on both my analog TVs as well as the smart and HD TVs in my house. Now that Bally Sports is back, on my analog TVs, Channel 28 has disappeared completely. I have powered off and on all the analog Comcast boxes, no effect. When I select Channel 28 on the analog TVs, it goes to Channel 29 (Golf Channel) and I can manually scroll down, which takes me to Channel 27. The channel guide on xfinity website still shows Channel 28 for Bally Sports North. If I select Channel 28 on one of my modern TVs, it accepts it as valid and re-directs to an HD BSN channel (such as 863). I subscribe to the ultimate tier of service and BSN is part of my package. I get all the other premium sports channels on my analog TVs. Channel 28 for BSN disappeared when Comcast resumed BSN broadcasts on 8-1-24.

Official Employee

• 

532 Messages

1 month ago

@Kathleen_E  Thanks for posting and sharing, we're glad to read that it is working well on the HD and Digital channels/boxes. If it's not located on the analog source, the programming they have granted us is now digital. You can get a new box that is digital for those other tv's, and they will be able to also enjoy the same channels and sports as the other tv's in the home. Swap them out for free at the nearest Xfinity store https://www.xfinity.com/local/store-offers. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ But would a digital box even work on the old-fashioned fat TVs where the BSN channel has disappeared? I'm talking portable small, fat TVs from the 1990s or earlier. They currently receive the Comcast channels that are part of my tier, using a small Comcast box. There's no charge from Comcast for me to have these boxes. I'm afraid I'll be charged for digital boxes if I make the swap and the boxes work. Please clarify, and thanks very much.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Kathleen_E It definitely sounds you have our DTA boxes for those TVs. Those boxes will not accommodate the TV package that Bally Sports is in now. As far as swapping out the boxes, it all depends on the connection points on your older TVs. You probably have a coaxal connection, and our newer boxes still have that type of connection. You may incur an additional TV box charge, depending on how your account is setup. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here