hevy's profile

Contributor

• 

85 Messages

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 8:47 PM

Closed

Anyone else have issues with future recordings?

1. Keeps scheduling the same recordings no matter how many times I delete it. This was an issue some time back, was fixed for a while. 

2. Recording conflict. One week all is good, the next week, exact same recordings, same time, no different, and there's recording conflicts. 

3. The schedule is different on my phone, PC, and the box, like each one has different scheduled recordings/recording conflicts. The box has all my scheduled recordings, but recording conflicts, a lot of extra recordings that is too much trouble to delete because of the refresh. Streaming on my pc has most of my recordings, and again, the extra ones that keep popping up even though I delete them. So I can delete them on the pc, they will go away, and then within a few hours, come back, these are the same ones that is too much trouble to delete on the box. There are a few recordings that are scheduled on the box, and the phone, but no matter how many times I try to schedule on the pc, it wont take. I hit record, the red dot comes on, then it goes away.

4. Used to be able to see scheduled recordings two weeks in advance, because of the amount of reruns, a good 2/3 of my future recordings, I have to keep up daily to delete those, but the past few weeks it's only showing the scheduled recordings for 11-12 days, then all of a sudden I have three days to delete. I can go into the guide and add, manually, my recordings for those days, they come off as single recordings though. 

Last time I got a new box it lost a lot of future recordings and I had to figure out what I was missing then, and in the future. Not to mention sooo many people complaining about the newer boxes, I think mine is about 3-4 yrs old. 

I have synced the DVR, repeatedly. 

I can't seem to rely on what is/should be recording and what the box, or cloud, is going to decide to record. Totally not understanding why all three are different. 

This just seems like way too much issues and work for something I pay a fortune for. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Good afternoon @hevy, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your DVR issues. We appreicate you providing us with the detailed information on what is going on with your recordings, that is definitely strange. We'd be happy to troubleshoot further and if needed, get a ticket submitted to our repair team to investigate further. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here