U

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 3:34 PM

Antenna TV no longer available?

Since last evening, August 7, 2024, I have not been able to access Antenna TV  (Channel 201in DC area). It is just a black screen. What has happened?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

1 month ago

We are experiencing the same issue with  channel 201.  Had 3 technicians work on the issue and still not resolved.  A 4th tech coming tomorrow. This is simply crazy. One tech said 201 shows it’s live from their end but it’s dead on our end. Plus, they only gave us a $13.00 credit. [Edited: "Inflammatory"] 

(edited)

5 Messages

I received a chatbot response that maybe the contract ended with Antenna TV and they are taking it off the lineup. Makes no sense as it still shows up on the schedule list on the tv. 

5 Messages

I am experiencing the same issue with channel 201.  This makes the second time I have had this issue.  Paying over $300 a month and horrible service.  Everytime you turn around a channel "disappears." The ONLY programming change listed for August is INSP.  https://www.xfinity.com/programmingchanges

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

And now - no Catchy TV either. Ugh.

5 Messages

I was just watching Catchy tv a couple of hour ago (All in the Family). Just tried it, and it is now a black screen—what the heck?!

5 Messages

I have reached out to Antenna TV and followed up with a complaint through FCC

2 Messages

1 month ago

I lost this channel too, same time in DC area. Channel 1178 is now a black screen. 

2 Messages

1 month ago

Same here. August 7 unable to access Antenna TV DC area, It shows the name of the show, tries to load and goes to a black screen. 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_btfp0v Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I would love the opportunity to look into this further on our end, it sounds like we may need to open a ticket. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

1 month ago

these are all local and over the air subchannels, please contact your local station as to why they no longer air it

comcast can only send through what is being sent to them

5 Messages

NO - Comcast is to correct the issue as customers are paying for the channels through contractural agreements.  Any programming changes are to be communicated through Comcast/Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Catchy Comedy back on this morning - Antenna TV still out > DC metro.

5 Messages

Well, I did some digging and it seems that the local station WDCW is the affiliate for the Chicago station that plays Antenna TV. I tried emailing the engineering department but the email would not go through. 

Yes, good news that Catchy Comedy is back on the air!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 month ago

Anyone know when Antenna TV will be back on?  Xfinity doesn't seem to have any solutions.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

They keep lying about everything. It’s super crazy and very distressing. 👎👎👎

1 Message

1 month ago

Same here.  After a 3 hour chat session with various agents (chat sessions dropped), I was told I needed new cable boxes.  More time to collect, exchange and setup.  As expected, no change!  I even asked if there were any issues with the Antenna TV feed.  I was told, “NO”.  From all the posts, somebody isn’t passing information!  Thankfully, the customers are!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_f46doz This issue was affecting many of our customers, but we have gotten reports that it's working again for many of them. Are you still having issue with the channel?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

1 month ago

Hi everyone,

Antenna TV is back up! I just received an email from WDCW stating there were multiple problems. It first came back up with no sound but there is sound now. Only issue is that there is a black box surrounding the picture (picture doesn't fill the whole screen). 

Let me know if everyone has it back up.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

That's exactly what I'm getting, black frame but sound.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

@user_96yj9j​ yes, I finally got it back in Maryland 30 minutes ago.  But you are right that there is black box around the picture.  Doesn’t fill the whole screen. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@user_96yj9j​ 

It’s back with format issues.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

yes, it's back in Virginia with the black box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here