Geri4's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, August 28th, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Altitude Sports

It is my understanding that Comcast is considering dropping the Altitude Sports Channel in the Denver area.  I sincerely hope you do not.   It is the absolute best station for watching the Denver Nuggets games, and other local sports.   No national broadcasters can compete with the knowledge and fun of Scott Hastings and Chris Marlow.  Sorry, but ESPN, and national channels just can't compete with inside info from local personnel.  I hope Comcast (Xfinity) understands that customers have limited dollars to spend on entertainment.  I recently signed up to extend service with Comcast for two years, with express discussion with the service agent that it included the Altitude Channel.  If you pull Altitude, you are clearly breaking the agreement we had.   

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi Everyone. Thank you for your feedback/interest. We have included some information below that should help in understanding the changes made.

Our programming agreement with Altitude expired on Aug. 31. As a result, we no longer have the rights to carry their content. We made an offer in line with the value of their programming, but they didn't accept it. We want to be able to offer Altitude to our customers, but only at a reasonable price. We hope that we will be able to carry Altitude again soon.

Comcast pays programmers like Altitude for the right to provide their content to our customers. Our programming agreements expire from time to time. We always try to work with programmers to carry the content our customers want at a reasonable price. Programming costs for Comcast, as well as other providers, are increasing. Our goal is to advocate on behalf of our customers to ensure that we can offer content you enjoy at a fair price. We have successfully negotiated thousands of agreements with programmers and come to an agreement in almost every instance. We want to be able to offer Altitude to our customers, but only at a reasonable price.

Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for the stated period of time. But during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed, or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. In this case, we removed Altitude from your programming package, because we no longer have permission from Altitude to carry it. While this change won't cause prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up. The cost of programming generally continues to rise, which affects customer's bills. In fact, our programming costs have more than doubled since 2006. We absorb a large portion of these cost increases and are doing our best to manage them while delivering additional value to you.

Altitude has exclusive in-market broadcast rights for the Avalanche, Nuggets, Rapids, and Mammoth, so there aren't many alternate viewing options available. You can watch nationally televised Nuggets games on ESPN, NBA TV, or TNT. You can watch nationally televised Avalanche games on NHL Network, Fox Sports or NBC Sports Network. You can also watch AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, which has Colorado Rockies, Mountain West Conference, and Big Sky Conference games.

This link also has some pertinent info on it, for your reference: https://www.xfinity.com/facts/Altitude

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

It is unfortunate. The big three won’t extend the same operating options to Altitude as their internally owned networks. If this deal falls, Altitude may cease to exist. The terms and costs Comcast are demanding are beyond what the network can sustain.

Big greed.

Just play fair. Altitude isnt asking for anything not already offered to other company operated networks.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Do not block my hockey or Altitude. I will drop all tv and phone service if you do

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I agree.   If Comcast drops Altitude, I will have no reason at all to subscribe to Comcast.  I will happily drop the service entirely.  I can get internet service for half the price, and can rely entirely on Netflix, YouTube and Hulu for my TV.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Hello, I hear that Altitude TV may be blocked come this Sunday due to you not renewing a contract with them. The whole reason I have cable is so I can watch Altitude Sports which carries the Colorado Avalanche hockey team and Denver Nuggets basketball team. If you do not agree with Altitude to a new contract and you do not carry Altitude anymore I wil cancel my services ASAP. Why would I pay for something that I don't get anymore? No logic in that. Im not sure who is charge of this but whoever is you need to let them know that a lot of people in Colorado will be angry and cancel Xfinity if this happens.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hi Amerrycan, thank you for your feedback regarding Altitude TV. We regularly examine our channel lineups and talk with a wide range of programmers to ensure that we are bringing the content that our customers want the most. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to reach out to us.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast needs to resolve the contract issues with Altitude TV so that we do no lose access to the channel. My handicapped brother is a huge Rockies fan and the highlight of his day is watching his beloved Rockies. Unfortunately neither Comcast nor Altitude care about the impact on their customers, even though their customers are the ones paying to keep their companies afloat.

Time for these companies to take a good look at how their actions impact the very people that have helped these companies thrive.

Regular Visitor

• 

14 Messages

5 years ago

The Rockies are on AT&T Sportsnet.  You will not be affected by this if you are only worried about the Rockies.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The only reason my husband and I have cable is for altitude and the sports channels evrything else we watch can be found else wear. Without altitude we wont have a reason to even have cable at all.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Please negotiate with altitude TV enjoy watching the Nuggets and Avalanche,it is the one of main reason I pay extra for the sports programming is to watch my local teams

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I wish to express my concern that Xfinity is dropping Altitude TV here in Denver, Colorado. The only reason I have cable is so I can watch my Nuggets. If Xfinity drops Altitude I will no longer need cable. Please do not drop Altitude.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If Comcast drops AltitudeTV I will go with the provider that does provide AltitudeTV and if I have to go to the internet I will as all that you offer, can be seen numerous ways . Actually I should say thank you for helping me cut the cord if I have to.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello All, 

Thank you for using the Xfinity Forums to share your feedback regarding Altitude Sports. Our programming agreement with Altitude expired on Aug. 31. As a result, we no longer have the rights to carry their content. We made an offer in line with the value of their programming, but they didn’t accept it. We want to be able to offer Altitude to our customers, but only at a reasonable price. We hope that we will be able to carry Altitude again soon. Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for the stated period of time. But during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed, or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. In this case, we removed Altitude from your programming package, because we no longer have permission from Altitude to carry it. While this change won’t cause prices to go down on existing packages, it will help reduce the speed at which they go up. The cost of programming generally continues to rise, which affects customers’ bills. In fact, our programming costs have more than doubled since 2006. 

Altitude has exclusive in-market broadcast rights for the Avalanche, Nuggets, Rapids, and Mammoth, so there aren’t many alternate viewing options available. You can watch nationally televised Nuggets games on ESPN, NBA TV, or TNT. You can watch nationally televised Avalanche games on NHL Network, Fox Sports or NBC Sports Network. You can also watch AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, which has Colorado Rockies, Mountain West Conference, and Big Sky Conference games. I hope this helps. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm disabled , only watch sports. Love, love ,love, the nuggets. Watch avalanche too. Please don't mess with my sports.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here