U

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, August 18th, 2022 3:35 PM

Closed

4k sports

any updates on the 4k sports programming? we need nesn 4k along collage and nfl ,nhl 4k 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

2 years ago

We appreciate you reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! When it comes to programming and what is offered it is entirely up to the networks. I know I prefer to watch everything I can in 4K because the picture is just fantastic. 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

NBC is going to have some Notre Dame football games in 4K this season will Xfinity carry them?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

Now I found out somewhere else that Xfinity won't be carrying the Notre Dame games in 4K afterall........that stinks!.......Time for Xfinity to put their money where their mouth is and carry more sports in 4K other than the rare Fox and ESPN games.[the thing is NBC and other networks show the games in 4K but Xfinity simply refuses to carry the games in 4K for some [Edited: "Inflammatory"] reason]

(edited)

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Why no epl 4k games shown on Xfinity when it’s shown on nbc4k on fubo and you tube tv,also Nesn 4K and college notre dame football?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

Probably comes down to that Fubo and Youtube TV have deals to show the games in 4K and Xfinity doesn't.......now if i'm wrong hopefully someone from Xfinity'll let us know what the truth is.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I understand how important your services are to you and to get them in 4K. Many channels do not broadcast in 4K unless its special events like the Olympics, but there are streaming services that you can utilize on our cable boxes like Netflix or Prime Video that do have 4K content available. 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR viewing is currently available to Xfinity X1 customers. You can use your X1 Voice Remote to say '4K' or search '4K' to be taken to the Experience 4K UHD on X1 landing page that displays all 4K viewing options. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Again simple question why can’t Xfinity show nbc 4K sports offered by direct tv,fuboTV,YouTube tv since Xfinity owns nbc? please explain why lack of 4K epl,Notre Dame on Xfinity??????????

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

I'd imagine that Xfinity doesn't have a contract with NBC to show the game in 4K[asking for too much money to do so] only one to show it in HD........am i right?

(edited)

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

@user_840c5c​ still awaiting Xfinity specific response to Again simple question why can’t Xfinity show nbc 4K sports offered by direct tv,fuboTV,YouTube tv since Xfinity owns nbc? please explain why lack of 4K epl,Notre Dame on Xfinity??????????

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

I understand why you would want to know if NBC content can be broadcast in 4K. All the content is broadcast as it is delivered to us from the networks. I hope more programing becomes available soon.

Providing our customers with the best viewing experiences is a top priority and this includes giving them access to 4K UHD programming from TV networks, movie studios, and streaming services who make it available. Whether customers are watching TV through Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex, we strive to offer them the best viewing experience. This goal includes access to 4K UHD programming from TV networks, movie studios, and streaming services such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and YouTube.

Additionally, Xfinity X1 customers can watch live 4K UHD events when available, including college football games.

Additionally, customers can catch:

• 8/27/22 – Howard at Alabama St., 7 p.m. ET on ESPN
  • 9/1/22 – Central Michigan at Oklahoma St., 7 p.m. ET on FS1
  • 9/1/22 – Penn St. at Purdue, 8 p.m. ET on FOX
  • 9/3/22 – UTEP at Oklahoma, 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX
  • 9/10/22 – Alabama at Texas, 12 p.m. ET on FOX
  • 9/10/22 – Washington St. at Wisconsin, 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX
  • 9/17/22 –Oklahoma at Nebraska, 12 p.m. ET on FOX
  • 9/17/22 –BYU at Oregon, 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX

I hope you are abl to find something you enjpy in 4K, you can also find out more here at anytime. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Any chance for a individual specific response not bot to answer why Comcast does not show available epl or Notre Dame football on nbc 4K which is available on direct tv,fuboTV and YouTube tv.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

The last response was an individual response. We do not have the rights to show the requested content at this time. I wish we did as well, and hopefully in the future that changes. Do you need some specific account help at this time? 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

Seems like Xfinity doesn't care if they ever get the rights back to show the Notre Dame games otherwise they'd have the rights back by now......prove me wrong.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

As much as we wish we'd love to say that we can guarantee that the content will be available via 4K it is also a matter of whether or not it is provided by the specific network in order for us to offer it. 
Currently you can view the upcoming games that we have airing in 4K for the NFL, College Football and MLB using the following link. 4K Sports Available on Xfinity X1

We look forward to what the future may hold with content released and the more 4K Content available to offer! 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

NBC provides the games in 4K   but you refuse to carry it.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

The issues with the faded Fox Sports 4K broadcasts still exist two years later. All other 4K programming looks great. No one can figure this out, which is a shame, given all of Fox's 4K sports that are on today. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the Fox Sports being faded. I can imagine your frustration. Have you reached out to us before about this? Has any troubleshooting been done to your equipment or home? 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Please adress Fox 4K poor Xfinity visual since World Cup will be starting next month.Only fox sports app or fubo tv or YouTube tv or direct tv has improved fox 4K visual.Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Why was Ohio State football game on fox sports not available in 4K on Xfinity but available on Fox app and fubo tv and YouTube tv and direct tv????

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

2 years ago

Why doesn’t HDR open on fox sports 4k on Xfinity when it opens on fox sports app or YouTube tv or fubo tv or direct tv?Any way to fix before World Cup starts?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

@user_840c5c​ truthfully Comcast can't quite figure out their 4k. It's only available via a "internet" channel. My parents have Comcast and their 4k box and it's a pain to rewind, ff, pause, etc. Comcast needs to offer the 4k content as a channel like Verizon does. Youtube TV is channel "like" but does a very good job of managing it. Same with fubo tv. Now your HDR question can be a couple of things. Yes it will sound stupid but trust me. 1. The HDMI cable, get a new 2.2 compliant cable and try to connect directly into the tv from the Comcast box. If it's connected into a sound bar first then the tv there's wayyyy too many variables. Avoid that at all costs. 2. Check your TV settings. Most Samsung TVs require a setting to UHD for the picture to come out correctly. 3. Check your HDMI Audio settings on the Comcast box. I've heard that expert is the preferred setting, but can make HDR (on the larger grey 4k box) or Dolby Vision on the smaller box (xi6) not work. Setting it to Dolby Audio can fix this. Strange? Yes. But when I had Comcast for my tv I had to make this setting change to see Netflix display Dolby Vision. Simply put Comcast has come a long way. But still haven't quite figured out how to get their software and hardware to work in harmony.

As far as other providers having a event in 4k and Comcast not? Honestly I don't think it's rights because the feed is the "network" feed. But I wouldn't be surprised because Comcast can't sell ad space on 4k yet and alas doesn't broadcast the event. Comcast can on the 1080 or 720 "local feed." And that's because of their atrocious setup. It's a terrible deployment of 4k. The Winter 2022 olympics in select markets was an exception. Because that local NBC affiliate controlled the ad content. In Philly NBC 10 was actually broadcasting their 11pm news in 4k, at least on YouTube tv they were. I suspect Comcast was starting to try to figure out the whole 4k setup then.  In another thread I mentioned, 4k content in the US is probably still a few years out from the norm. 4k is a fad and the content providers will slowly come up when its time. Sadly 16k TVs will be out then. We already have 8k out there now. 

Sorry for the ramble, but Comcast is just being lazy with 4k deployment of the content that is available already. Plain and simple.

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

When will Comcast offer Golf channel 4k?

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

@TEST_ING_123​ if you are asking when they will create a 4k channel who knows.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

2 years ago

They won't be having the World Cup in 4k either. On the FoxSports App it may be upscaled 1080p and might be decent. It's 2022 and here we are with a multi-billion dollar company with annual revenues of around 110 Billion. They could get this right if they wanted to. My last 2 modems can't even broadcast a 2.4 signal 20 feet away without drops or at all. Other connected routers no problem. Thank you to the contributors for your help explaining as best you can. Unfortunately reality doesn't live up to the advertising.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

@Jimdish07​ Fox Sports is having most World Cup events in 4k HDR (upscaled from 1080) . Normal Fox broadcasting is in 720p. The fox app will either give you the 4k option or the HD option of 720.  If Comcast isn't offering it that's just bad. Only ESPN when they do broadcast in 4k only has "Pure" 4k. As far as your modem and 2.4 Ghz wireless signal. 2.4 is a very crowded spectrum and depending on your environment and router settings I wouldn't be shocked to see issues here.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

We can certainly understand wanting to watch certain programming with the best quality available. Though as mentioned, content may vary dependent upon availability to us as a provider, as well as the content in which it is offered in general!
Our team also, however, has the ability to troubleshoot any service issues if you're experiencing any frequent disconnects. 
Using the following link, there are some steps to try to see if the service can be improved by a few minor modifications, but of course, if issues continue, then we can absolutely move forward with troubleshooting as well!
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/internet-connectivity-troubleshooting

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Agree with the posts here. Fox Sports 4K broadcasts continue to feature faded color as compared to the robust HD broadcasts. [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

@silverspring301​ define "faded" because HDR will "dim" the screen in order to pop the colors. And depending on the TV quality AND settings "faded" to me just sounds like your TV is dimming it. Example, my OLED TV looked amazing for the Phillies playoffs in 4k HDR or any event for that matter. My QLED TV looked pretty good too. My upper midgrade Samsung LED TV looked fine as well. My 2 less then 1k LED TV's? Borderline unwatchable.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

When the FIFA World Cup 2022 kicks off on November 20, you can watch the tournament in 4K and HDR, depending on your cable package or streaming service. But if you’re a Comcast Xfinity subscriber, you’ll be able to watch all the soccer action in 4K with Dolby Vision HDR.Thank you Comcast for finally coming through for 4k sports.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

That's partially true. Fox Sports app and other streaming services will do HDR no matter what. Dolby Vision is only on the Xi6 box. If you have the other 4k Comcast box it's just 4k HDR (HLG) format. 

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

@user_840c5c​ To experience the broadcast in Dolby Vision, you’ll need a Dolby Vision-capable TV, a Comcast Xfinity subscription, and the company’s Xi6 cable box per article.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

And yes, my ESPN 4K colors looks luscious.  It's just Fox. And well, NBC at times.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

1 year ago

Please fix Fox Sports 4K before Super Bowl.So far unwatchable on Comcast only viewable on Fox App why not Comcast’s 4k

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forums, @user_840c5c

The "Big Game", is being broadcast by FOX in 4K and will be available in 4K through Xfinity (only on FOX). In addition to the live game, customers can watch the "Big Game" pre-game and post-game shows in 4K. 

To watch the game in 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR, Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers need 4K-compatible equipment, including TV, HDMI cable and Xfinity TV Box (XG1v4, Xi6 or XiOne). 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

Why is Fox 4K on Comcast not have HDR and is unwatchable? Only Fox app accessed HDR on 4K so why not Comcast’s 4K broadcast??why am I paying for Comcast 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

To watch the Big Game in 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR, Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex customers will need 4K compatible equipment, including TV, HDMI cable and the appropriate Xfinity TV Box. . To make sure you have the appropriate equipment, please check https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

We definitely want to make sure you and your family can watch The Big Game in 4K UHD/HDR. I can check this for you. Could you please send us a direct message with your full name and address? To send us a direct message, please make sure you are first signed into the Forums, then click on the "Chat" icon in the upper right (left of the notification bell), next click on the "notepad/pencil" icon, and lastly find and click "Xfinity Support." 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here