machado22's profile

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

Sunday, January 15th, 2023 11:07 PM

Closed

4K PROGRAMMING-HOW TO FIND/LOCATE/WATCH

Hoping someone can finally help me with this dilemma. I have a 4K compatible TV, I have the Xfinity 4K box and I know occasionally there are programs available to watch in 4K.

How can I find these on my Xfinity box

Where do I search for any 4K programs currently on at the time I am searching

I.E., let's say it is 8pm and I want to see what is available from Xfinity in 4K at 8pm, where do I search, where on the guide do I look, are there dedicated 4K channels in the menu or guide search area? 

Please, can someone help a Xfinity customer who wants to watch sports, show or movies in 4K when they are available? 

Thank you

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

2 years ago

To be honest, there is very little 4K programming available, and the vast majority of what is broadcast in 4K is upscaled from a non 4K source.  The infrastructure of the internet and cable in the U.S. is such that there simply is not the bandwidth and overhead to broadcast more than a small number of 4K feeds.  It will be a long, long time before 4K becomes widespread, and by then 8K (and more) will be the 'standard'. 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

If you want to find out what's on in 4K just say 4K into your remote and it'll show you what's available at that moment.

Contributor

• 

119 Messages

@hwkn​ Hello-Thanks for the reply. I never use the microphone feature but it appears I should for this type of request. I've lost count how often I used the search keyboard or looked within the guide and I never get anywhere with 4K.

Then there is the very, very rare occasion I tune into a sporting event and I get a pop up message in the top right corner saying the game is available in 4K, press OK and when I do the video switches to 4K. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here