U

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 8:39 PM

Closed

Why did my Internet price increase by $17 for no reason?

September 2022 had an increase of $20 with no notice, reason or explanation. September 2023 just hit with another increase of $17. I have had the same Internet plan for as long as I can remember. I do not have or want cable/phone. Customer service is a joke as I can only find help if I'm a new customer.  This is unacceptable. FiOS cannot come to my area soon enough!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there, @user_i4chxh, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your bill increase. We truly appreciate you being in the Xfinity family, and we definitely do not want to lose you as a customer. I would be happy to look at your billing details to ensure you are being billed correctly. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further. To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not. Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page. Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon and type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

My internet price has just gone up from $52 to $61 - a 20% price increase without any notification.  They said I did notify me, but I checked my email and see only statements and thank you for payment.  No other company in America would be allowed to get away with it.  I'm with you on this - as soon as there is a decent alternative, I'm out.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@Patricia22 Hello, I appreciate your feedback, but we would be very sad to see you go to another provider. If you review the last few pdf statements, the notification of increased rates should show. If not, I'm very sorry about that. I would be happy to review the account to see how we can get it to a pricing that works with your budget. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

4 months ago

Dear Team,

Could you please explain why my monthly rate is going from $78 to $95.

Thank you

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@user_6xzjl7 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm happy to take a look at the billing and see what's happening. To get started please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

4 months ago

My internet has consistently gone up every year for the past few years. This is unacceptable without proper notification. I have verified my account communication methods and can assure you (and it seems I'm not the only one) that I have not received a notice either time my price was increased, only that it increased on the annual date of my plan!. I have gone back in my emails since Jan 2023 and have "Thanks for Payment" and "Your Bill Statement is Ready" emails...none of which notify of a reason for a price change. Something needs to change or I am walking away. 

Also the XFinity "Assistant" is no help in resolving anything. I wish I could attach screen shots...

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_3l42yv

From my experience most rate increases can either be that your account has fallen off your promotional rate or it is due to price increases that you would find mentioned on your November or December billing statement. You can always get a break down of charges by looking at your billing statement. For the Xfinity app after signing in you would go to manage billing. After that click on current statement so that you can view the PDF. To view previous statements you would select statement history. If you don't already have the My Account app make sure you download it. It is honestly one of the best apps we have to offer to manage your account. The app will keep you updated on maintenance, interruptions, and other service-related notices. You can also troubleshoot, manage appointments, and manage your bill. 

If due to increases in our rates, while we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting edge technologies, and enhanced products and services. If you signed up on a promotional offer, you will not see an increase to the base price of those services until your promotional period has ended. Equipment charges, installation charges, taxes and fees, including regulatory recovery fees, the Broadcast TV Fee, the Regional Sports Network Fee, and other applicable charges are subject to change and could alter the total amount you pay during and after the promotional period. https://www.xfinity.com/pricechange

I am here to confirm what is going on if you have not already and I would be happy to review the account for a new discount or to look for additional savings for you. Here is a link: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers with our current promotions if you wanted to take a look. Just make sure you are logged on to your account to see the promotions available for your account.  You can also set up the services directly from the website. I also want to let you know there is a government benefit program called Affordable Connectivity Program that could save you up to $30 a month on internet costs. Please visit the link: www.xfinity.com/ACP to check out the process to qualify.

Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for working with me @user_3l42yv. It was my pleasure to review where you see the rate increases on your statements and to find you a new package to lower your monthly rate. If you have any additional questions you can reach out to the Digital Care Team at any time as we are here for your convenience. We are a digital team dedicated to assisting customers with all aspects of their account needs from troubleshooting together to billing inquiries and more. We are available over Xfinity Forums 7 days a week between 6:00 am - 12:00 am EST. Please have a safe and healthy weekend! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here