U

Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 12:15 AM

Closed

What's my early termination fee

Hi,
A couple of years ago, I was convinced by a rep to take an offer to a new plan, not realizing that I was giving up on unlimited data. My new reality, with me working from home, and 4 kids being schooled from home (with video classes, curriculum downloads, etc.) promise to consistently push me over the data limit.
Do to Xfinity policy, of not allowing unlimited over user-owned equipment, precludes me from that option. And, frankly, $30 additional is ridiculous, especially considering I was (possibly inadvertently) tricked out of it.
Anyway, it looks like I will have to cancel my service, but I'm worried about my early termination fee. I Have been unable to find out when my last contract renewed, and what my fee will be. Is there a way to find that info online?

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

1 year ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_a2bb12 and thanks for your post. We are happy to take a look at your account and make sure things are correct for you. I do want to let you know that our plans normally do not come with unlimited data. Unlimited data typically is an added fee. That being said we are here to do some investigation and see what happened when you made the switch in your plan. Please feel free to send us your full name and complete address in a direct message. 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

2 Messages

@XfinityPeterH@EG 

Thank you for the replies.

I understand that new accounts do not have unlimited unless paid for, but I have been a comcast customer for decades now, and mine did.  I get that Comcast wants to move to a more lucrative model, and I didn't complain about the switch when I discovered the cap, because I was saving a bit of money and I couldn't foresee me hitting that cap, but that was before my kids needed to use the internet.

I'd just like to know how to find my contract length, so I can determine my cancellation fee.  $30 is way to much for something that was free not that long ago.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Not a problem at all. Some offers might have had unlimited data as part of the plan but it is hard to say without looking at it in details. For you to find your contract length you can look at a current bill. The bill will show you the terms. You can also look at this link to show you more ways of locating it: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/my-account-find-contract
We are also happy to review your account and provide you with details. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here