H

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 27th, 2024 11:01 AM

Unreturned equipment charge scam

I canceled Xfinity internet service in January. I was then sent a bill for $120 for unreturned equipment. I was informed this is for a Flex device. I think I received this a couple years ago free from Xfinity. I was  never told it was to be returned if I ever cancelled. I never used it. Can't even say for sure I received it back then. I do not know what to do. I do not have the device and I can't pay, nor do I think I should have to pay the $120 equipment charge. Is this device really $120 new? I feel taken advantage of. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

@hh1368hh Thanks for your post and your feedback. The Flex box was free as in no monthly fee, but yes if you canceled your service the equipment would need to be returned or as you are seeing you would be charged a fee for not returning it. Since you do not know where the equipment is you are liable for the unreturned equipment. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I was never told it needs to be returned otherwise i would've definitely return it. Also, the new flex is not even worth 120 dollars i was told it will be 55 dollars, I'm gonna submit a complaint if you dont at least reduce the const because this is not fair.

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

3 months ago

The concern is not "Xfinity Compliments" related......................... Topic moved here to the proper help section.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@EG​ i still need a response from Xfinity or Comcast on this 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello hh1368hh

My colleague Peter had addressed the question regarding unreturned equipment. We do apologize if you feel the equipment is not worth the $120 being charged. Unfortunately, we do not provide discounts on unreturned equipment. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

17 days ago

I also have the exact same situation, It was never disclosed that this "free streaming box" needed to be returned, it is a very deceptive offer. I think this needs to be specified in the agreement, however it is not listed anywhere. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here