M

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 13th, 2024 12:50 AM

The Unaffordable Connectivity Program

After the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) ended in April I got an email (5/20) telling me that I received a $14 credit towards my bill - thanks!

On 5/24 I got an email letting me know I owed $45.90, so I logged in and paid for it (5/28) but any time I tried to change my plan the page would timeout. (Not abnormal honestly)

On 6/23 I got an email telling me that I owe $96.95! On 6/24 I logged in and was able to change my plan to the $9.95/month internet essentials 50mb/10mb plan because I was switching away from the ACP plan. It said my past-due balance was $96.95 and the next bill was going to be -$52ish and I was annoyed that I was going to lose ANOTHER $45 over it.

I got an email confirming the change and telling me to pick up my getting started package. (I didn't pick up the package as I am already connected, with my own hardware)

On 7/24 I get an email that my bill was now $160, and on 7/27 I got the email warning me to pay up or lose my service. Since I'm just exiting a government assistance program because it ended I don't exactly have a ton of money - before the government was paying them $29.95 a month to provide me with Internet, it makes sense that they would roll me into a $65/month plan and then fail to keep their billing system operational enough to actually change my plan. My phone got shut off prior to this so calling in wasn't an option before. (Oh well).

8/12 I got my phone service restored just in time for them to cut my Internet, so I call and am not especially surprised to discover that calling in (still) isn't much more helpful than doing nothing. They tell me my account had some credit on it for 3 months and now it's expired - none of this is in my bill. I'm also told (always) that plans can't change without my authorization - which is absolutely hilarious 😂 (yes I understand how promotional periods work, I've been a customer for almost 25 years). 

I'm tired of playing your games. I wish I could just get the government to make you give me the same price as they paid for me to have the same service. Even then, how long will it be before I'm automatically rolled into a different, far more expensive plan when they decide to stop offering it?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for reaching out and for being a customer for so long, Melekin! I'm so sorry that you've had such a terrible experience these past few months with billing. You need anything from us today?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

There's essentially no comparable competitor available, so I need my account/plan fixed

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

No problem. Let's take a look. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

13 days ago

I need to know why my Xfinity Internet essentials bill is 14.95 instead of 9.95. With Washington state tax it shouldn’t be that high. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @user_ynnpy0, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.

I understand your concern with the bill, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here