jkj1962's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 7:54 PM

Closed

Technician charge to replace modem

So, my modem gets zapped during a thunderstorm, a common occurrence in my area of the country.  I contact Comcast, they sent a tech the next day to replace it.  Then I look at my account and find I was charged a $100 service fee.  To replace your equipment that was damaged by an "Act of God".  He touched nothing else.  I had to have it replaced ASAP because I'm working from home due to Covid restrictions at my employer (a hospital).  I know you're saying, "we could have shipped one to you in a couple of days".  Yes, and I'd have had to miss more than the one day of work I already had to.

Ridiculous.  The best billing support could do was credit me for $50, which means I still have to pay $50 for something that I'm sure happens quite frequently.  Now I wish I hadn't re-upped for another 2 years and had instead gone with a different provider.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @jkj1962, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us for help with your account and billing concerns. We understand how these unexpected charges can be frustrating to see, and we will be glad to take a look at this in more detail. To get started, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for reaching us to resolve your technician charge issue. I am glad we could take care of it for you and don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityEthan 

How was it resolved?  😉  We're glad it was resolved, but what was the resolution???  🙂

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I had to have a modem replaced two times in a matter of years, first time no charge, the last time the tech came out never said a word about a charge, replace the modem(Xfinity's) and then there was a charge for $100.00. I had to call repeatedly to get the charge removed, and they didnt do it right away, all at once, I would say I had to call almost ten times, to finally get the charge removed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here