drinkcoke's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Fri, Dec 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Sports Network courtesy adjustment

I just received an email saying :  Good News! We are giving you a courtesy adjustment  on your account this month.  

The the email goes on to say:

This adjustment is in addition to the courtesy adjustment in your October bill and is part of our commitment to give customers 100% of what we receive, now and in the future.

I never received any courtesy adjustment on my October bill.  I haven't changed anything to my service in a year.  I checked my bank account and all my payments were the same as always. 

So what happened to the adjustment for my October bill?  And will I get the adjustment for this month?  Does the adjustment show up on your bill anywhere?

Responses

Accepted Solution

CCTeds

Official Employee

• 

18.9K Messages

6 m ago

@drinkcoke  Apologies for any confusion that we may have caused. The credit was applied on your account on 12/18/2020 and will appear as a credit on your next printed statement.

You can see this credit now by logging in to My Account.  Some customers in some areas may have also received a credit earlier. 

Thanks for your patience.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
jav6joev

Bronze Problem Solver

• 

2.1K Messages

6 m ago

@drinkcoke wrote:

I just received an email saying :  Good News! We are giving you a courtesy adjustment  on your account this month.  

This adjustment is in addition to the courtesy adjustment in your October bill and is part of our commitment to give customers 100% of what we receive, now and in the future.

I never received any courtesy adjustment on my October bill.  I haven't changed anything to my service in a year.  I checked my bank account and all my payments were the same as always. 

So what happened to the adjustment for my October bill?  And will I get the adjustment for this month?  Does the adjustment show up on your bill anywhere?

My understanding is, if Comcast gets a credit from a service provider they pass (a portion) on to the customers.  Maybe your areas' 'service provider' did NOT give Comcast any credits.

An agent would need to jump in here to clarify.

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@drinkcoke wrote:

Did you check your September and November bills?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick
drinkcoke

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 m ago

That's the first thing I did after receiving the email.  Then I checked my back account since I have autopay.  No discount.

drinkcoke

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

6 m ago

I have had Comcast cable for at least 20 years,  even before it was Comcast,  without interruption.

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

6 m ago

@drinkcoke wrote:

That's the first thing I did after receiving the email.  Then I checked my back account since I have autopay.  No discount.

Did you have cable during the time period that is being refunded?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
ComcastRob

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

6 m ago

Hi there! I'd be glad to ensure that this gets looked into further. Please click on my handle (ComcastRob) and send a private message with your name, the complete service address (including city, state, ZIP, suite number, etc), and the phone or account number, and any pertinent details-- like the ticket number(s)-- so we can help. @drinkcoke

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

My xfinit y letter says I get a courtesy adjustment for the loss of sports networks because of covid downtime.  I moved in October of 2020.  Was always a customer prior, however, I moved to rural area where I cannot receive cable.  How do I get the refund of 13.81 promised in the letter stating I get the courtesy adjustment even if I am not an xfinity  customer presently. I would need a refund since you do not offer services in my area.  I cannot get an adjustment on my bill if I don't get one.  Are  you trying to get me to sign up for a service you do not provide.  I paid for services prior to October.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 m ago

Send my refund to the same address you sent the courtesy letter to if this is valid

Again

Expert

• 

25.8K Messages

3 m ago

@brenda7371 If you're a customer and have cable tv, the credit will most likely go toward your bill.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 m ago

My letter (former customer) says I should go to xinifty.com/support/account-management/courtesy-adjustment  to get the adjustment.

I tried to validate with former address and phone number because i didn't want to look up the userid/password.  Then it says I am not eligible.

So I looked up the userid and password and it gave me the same message.  I moved from Chrome to Edge and then up popped the request to add my phone number to the account.  I said okay and then it said my phone number is in use on another account.  (No it isn't)

So now I'll never get the refund.  There's no number to call.  I love how xfinity always manages to divert me to non-support.  

Official Employee

• 

194 Messages

Hi, @emmatv. I understand you've had some trouble accessing your information online. I will gladly help dig into the account to provide any assistance you need with both your login and the adjustment.

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your message. Please add your first and last name to help us locate your account along the way. Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

Great news! We're giving back to you. We're giving you a courtesy adjustment on your bill this month. We recovered fees from regional sports networks, and are committed to giving customers 100% of the money received. The credit will be applied to your account automatically.

This was what came up on my account as a message.  Still nothing.  I was told I had to request it but to go to that page does not allow it and it does state automatically.  I can't get any response.

Official Employee

• 

179 Messages

@user_806839 Hello! We can check on the credit and billing adjustment for you! Please click on the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. We'll be there to help. 

selwynclan

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 m ago

I have been receiving the message below for several months and have not received a credit/adjustment on my bill. Please advise. Thank you.

"Great news! We're giving back to you. We're giving you a courtesy adjustment on your bill this month. We recovered fees from regional sports networks, and are committed to giving customers 100% of the money received. The credit will be applied to your account automatically."

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here