U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, December 7th, 2022 10:14 PM

Closed

Scam in live chat

I think the live chat option was hacked can someone check that my last chat was from xfinity or not? 

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_f06bca and thank you for bringing your concern regarding our Xfinity Live Chat experience to our attention here at the Community Forums. Was there something in particular about your last chat with our team that was an issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityShaina​ I talked to your chat last night. The agent, Ravi, fixed my internet problem but presented me with an offer at the end that seemed like a total scam- $15/month phone plan and he was going to send me $400 in Visa gift cards. He wanted my SSN & DOB to send out SIM cards. I've searched your forums and it seems like this happens frequently in Xfinity chat calls. 

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Thank you for the additional information, @user_052df6

To confirm, this is the link to our Xfinity Assistant, AKA Chat: https://www.xfinity.com/chat/  Is this the link you used?

As far as the verification methods, Chat has different options than we do here on social media, and I checked and see that the last 4 of the SSN may be used to verify, depending on the verification options on the account; I am not sure with Xfinity Mobile what verification options they allow, although we are not able to support, access, or verify Xfinity Mobile accounts as security measure here on social media, so it's certainly possible they have the same option as well. 

I do see a few things on the Xfinity Mobile page that could be what you mentioned: there's a "Save $400 on Select 5G phones" and a "Now get $200 back when you bring your own phone to Xfinity Mobile", and a "Get the best price for 2 lines of Unlimited -- $30/line per month" (you can click on the "See Details" links for specific information for each). There are also eSIMs now, although SIM cards have not yet been completely phased out, and this page allows you to check device eSIM compatibility, if you need to.

I hope that information is helpful; we value your security and safety and always want to make sure that you are secure when you speak with us, here or through any platform! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I was also just scammed, I believe. I don’t know how I could’ve been so careless. I was in the xfinity chat. After the agent restarted my cable had a few times, offered a free phone, and $20/month discount on my bill, asked for SSN and DOB. I thought it was legit because I was helped with my cable box and it really seemed like they were in the system. Then they asked for my credit card number and expiration and security number. I started asking questions and was told the person was in India. What is going on, xfinity? What a horrible experience. Now I gotta worry about my identity being stolen because I needed help with my cable? Terrible!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_bb6338, and thank you for reaching out about a recent experience with one of our chat agents. I would be happy to look into your concern with you to make sure you were speaking to one of our agents. Nothing you mentioned would be out of the ordinary for ordering mobile service with us through our chat at https://www.xfinity.com/chat/. I'll just need basic account information to have a look, and nothing personal I promise! 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Scams sent by live chat? Why is Xfinity going downhill so fast?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with your Xfinity account. We take account security very seriously. You have reached the right place. 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here