U

Friday, September 20th, 2024 8:14 AM

RETURNED PAYMENT

The payment I submitted via my checking account was returned due to nsf. I failed to transfer the money before the bank cut off time. 

The funds are available now, so when Xfinity is notified of returned payment will they retry or do I need to initiate payment again? 

I do not want to double pay. 

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

13 hours ago

Hello user_jw89. This is a good question. If a customer’s credit card automatic payment fails, we keep them enrolled in automatic payments for one month after the payment failure. We will remove them from automatic payments if we cannot process their automatic payment the next month.

We will email the customer about their payment failure so they can resolve the issue and maintain the benefits of automatic payments.

3 Messages

This was not an automatic payment, pls re read the question. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

475 Messages

Apologies for any confusion. If you are enrolled in automatic payments and payment fails due to insufficient funds, we will make up to 3 attempts, once every 24 hours.

If you are not enrolled in automatic payments, you will need to manually resubmit the payment. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

5 hours ago

@user_jw89 

The payment I submitted via my checking account was returned due to nsf. I failed to transfer the money before the bank cut off time. 

The funds are available now, so when Xfinity is notified of returned payment will they retry or do I need to initiate payment again? 

I do not want to double pay. 

Did you send in a physical check? 

@XfinityJoe  @XfinityWilliam 

3 Messages

@Again​ 

no I submitted the payment via Xfinity website 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

You can make the payment again, as another attempt won't happen since you don't have autopay. However, you will get the return check fee. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here