U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2022 8:57 PM

Closed

Price Increase (What was the point of a contract?)

I, as I am sure almost all of you, received an email and notice on my new bill of "Upcoming price changes to Xfinity services." It happens yearly, and so I anticipated and knew it was coming. While Xfinity has me as a customer for 18 years, I have been a customer since Excite branded the service @Home in 1999.

With that in mind, it has always been my understanding that while equipment and services (i.e., Broadcast TV Fee) can and mostly always do increase even under contract, packages (i.e., TV, Internet, etc.) remain the same. Otherwise, what is the point of tying yourself to a contract? 

So I am receiving an increase in my TV and Internet. The act is the first in 23 years while under contract. Can someone from Xfinity (Comcast) explain how this can happen? Again, I can count on Equipment & Services increasing each year, but why commit to an agreement that requires a 1-year commitment, paperless billing, and autopay when you can (and are) going to raise the price of my package? Comcast always told me that portion could not change (and my daughter worked for the company after graduating from University).

I am not happy with this news (and an increase in a TV Adapter – which I tried to have swapped for a TV Box + Remote since the Adapter is the same price. My TV Box is also a decade old, but I am paying full price for outdated equipment). When I tried to have two new boxes sent at the start of my new agreement, someone asked me to pay $15 (shipping) numerous times. I thoroughly explained why I could not go into a store, yet here I am with a ten-year-old TV Box + Remote, and an Adapter without the ability to access the features I am paying for.

But my main question is how Comcast/Xfinity is raising TV and Internet (package) pricing under contract when they have never been able to prior.

Edit:

WOW. I just saw that you are reducing Autopay and Paperless Billing Discount from $10 to $5?!?! Unbelievable, especially when you must agree to both to receive the best deal.

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

2 years ago

Hello there, and thank you for reaching out regarding your billing concerns! We truly do appreciate you being a long time part of the Comcast family and certainly want to ensure that you are informed of any changes or updated!

While we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, technologies, and enhanced products and services.

As for any promotional rate received during a term agreement, we'd be happy to check into the details of that for you as well! Please feel free to send a direct message our way using the steps outlined below, and please be sure to include your first and last name, and full-service address!

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_a38c82  I'm sorry to hear that. If you can please send us a direct message, we will be happy to assist you further. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I agree! I signed a 2yr contract in October and my bill just went up $9.  Completely unacceptable.  Took forever to speak with someone, after the IVR hung up on me 3 times.  Xfinity is a bunch of crooks and I want out of my contact! 

How does Xfinity get a way with this?? The only recommendation the rep had for was for me to purchase a Roku and router! Do you want to know how many times I've heard that [Edited: "Language"]?  So I have to spend more money to save money!! That's completely unacceptable and ridiculous!!  I DON'T FEEL VALUED AT ALL AS A CUSTOMER! 

Lastly, we are all tired of hearing the [Edited: "Language"] reason why the rates went up. Xfinity has MISLEAD ME (AND LOTS OF OTHER CUSTOMERS) AND WILL BE FILING A COMPLAINT WITH BBB, ATTORNEY GENERAL, and FCC!!  CORPORATE GREED!!  

Xfinity makes billions of dollars, maybe pay you big wigs less. Lower their bonuses.  Keep customer prices reasonable!! That's the solution!!

(edited)

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

I appreciate you reaching out on the forums, @user_22bffb! I would be glad to take a look at the increase in your monthly rate, and find out exactly why you are seeing it. Could you send us a direct message to get started? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

•    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

My pleasure! Under Regular monthly charges it lists the promotional credits applied to your bill each month and when they will end. I appreciate your time today. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. My one year internet contract started on 8/22/22, and now Xfinity jacks up $3/mo to my existing contract.

I did chat with Xfinity customer rep. He has no clue as to contract means. He kept talking about the need of increasing the monthly cost.

This price increased is breaking the agreed price/month contract. 

What was the point of a contract?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @user_827d95 Thank you for sharing your concerns as well with the upcoming pricing increases. I'm sorry to hear that the chat team was not able to help. When in a promotional agreement or a promotional discount for a specific time frame the cost for those services included in the promotion (Internet, TV, Phone, Home security, xFi Complete, etc.) are not impacted by the rate increase until the end of that promotional period.

Equipment, taxes and fees are subject to change since they are not included in the promotional rate. Those increases vary by area. You can see the FAQ's for more details on the upcoming changes. Or please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Also, if you would like for us to review your account and go over the specifics and expected changes we would be happy to help and if needed check for additional services / pricing options.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The Xfinity customer rep insisted that my monthly rate will go up next year (2023). I don't have any rental equipment.

So, who do I need to talk to if my monthly rate go up next year? I still have 6 months to go before my promotional rate expired.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I think I do need xfinity to review my account.

As per my 20+ years having contract with ATT, Cox Cable, Comcast, Earthlink, etc.. I have no experience where the provider increased the agreed monthly cost (aka breaking the contract). 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We will review things with you and make sure that you know exactly what is happening with the account and when to expect any changes, if that is the case. Being in a promotion and or agreement locks in the rate for the set time. At this point I can only guess that the account has a 12-month promotion / agreement which would end 8/2023 based on the details your provided. At that point it may have a step-up rate or move to everyday pricing. Please send us a direct message and I will look at the specifics for the account so that I can be sure what is going on for your rates. 

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3J0ir1l
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thank you. I just sent the message to Xfinity Support.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

2 years ago

I just signed a new 2 year deal in Nov and less than 30 days later I get the notification the two year contract I just signed is worthless and my rate is being increased  despite my contract and my autopay discount is being decreased unless I give Xfinity access to direct debit my checking account.  I spent hours being transferred around from person to person with this pitiful chat support.  As soon as I can find a way to get a new provider and not avoid and exorbitant cancellation fee I intend to be done forever with Xfinity.  I have been a customer continuously  since 1988, except for four years between 2013 and 2017 when I changed  to UVERSE over service  issues.  Had I not sold that home in 2017 and moved to an area where I have only a choice of Xfinity or Consolidated I would have never come back to Xfinity.  There are two new providers who have recently pulled fiber to my current location and I will be signing up with them just as soon as I can exit this worthless contract with Xfinity.  This is not a contract, this is them strong arming customers to honor our commitment while they unilaterally increase their prices and do not honor theirs, and that is not a contract.  That is extortion and should be illegal, certainly it's no way to treat customers and my next stop is to fill a complaint with the Attorney General of the State of Texas regarding this deceptive trade practice.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @merideth70!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum.  We are so happy to hear from you and want to assist in any way that we can to ensure that you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we want to help! Rate adjustments help us consistently improve our products and services, strengthen our network, invest in new technology, and cover the rising costs to our business. As customers increasingly rely on technology in every area of their lives, we’re working to bring them better and more reliable services.  No one likes price increases. While we try to hold down costs, price changes are necessary for a number of reasons, including continually increasing costs of programming and our ongoing investments in network upgrades, cutting-edge technologies, and enhanced products and services.  I’d be happy to look at what services you currently have and see if we can find something that better fits your needs. We have many different options to fit all budget levels, and I’m sure I can help find you something you’re more comfortable with. Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address so that we can get started on this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ I am not looking for "something I will be more comfortable with"  I am looking for XFINITY to simply provide the services, channels and discounts I agreed to with you when I agreed to your one sided "contract" If XFINITY really wants a do over to renegotiate pricing terms, discounts and channels then fine I should have the option to decline and go find a more honest and reasonable provider and not be held hostage and extorted for more than I agree to pay for less!  That is perfectly unreasonable

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @merideth70 Your agreement is not for a particular channel it is for a particular package the channels in that package are subject to change as channel options can be added or removed. I would be happy to pull up your account and review it with you so that I can address your contract, billing, and service concerns. Please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address.

To send a "Direct Message" message:
 • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
 • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity is attempting to increase prices in the middle of my contract, which was good through February 2024. The principle is enraging. Apparently the 2 year price agreement was meaningless. My "Double Play" package, TV Box, and service fees are all slated to increase. Xfinity is also slashing the agreed-upon paperless billing credit in half. How is this legal?

I am requesting that a customer service review my account.

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

@9hillip​ 

Your package price should be staying the same, but equipment, and other charges like the Broadcast fee, etc will go up.  Notices of price changes will be on your billing statement, which you should read each month even with autopay.  And, as for autopay, you should have received a notice that Comcast is now wanting to take your autopay directly from your bank account instead of with a debit or credit card.  If you don't agree to that then you'll only get the ecobill discount.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Hello @9hillip, thanks for taking the time to reach out on our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us! I hope you were able to review the detailed and very helpful information @Again provided about our recent rate adjustments for the new year, and answers to your questions. As well as the useful and informative information provided in this thread regarding 2023 Rate Adjustments. 

My team would be more than happy to further review everything with you. Please send is a Private Direct Message.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This is unacceptable. The contract points to the entire service bundle, and there are no other taxes and fees. Nowhere in the price increase notice is adequate explanation for how this is justified.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same. If the base price for my internet package is increasing mid-contract, then what's the point of a contract? One side can unilaterally alter the terms and impose penalties on the other. That's not a contract. If Comcast is raising the base price, I should be free to cancel this contract they violated without penalty and get the new fiber service installed by another provider in my building... 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to me. I do appreciate your time and patience, @user_1a6d07. My name is Kim, and I am here to help. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

(edited)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Been with them for over 20 years, Diamond member and just got this increase.  Spoke to rep and there is no reasonable excuse for it on my commitment to them through June 2024.  They are in the top two companies VERY frustrating to work with and I am not sure who #1 is!  Am about to install my first Dish as this might be the only thing they will understand.  

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @jazzsax8. Thank you for posting and sharing your experience. I can understand your frustrations. I would be happy to review your account to see if there is any way we can find savings each month. If interested, please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I agreed to a contract that would allow my bill to be $90/month minus my acp credit of $30 which would leave me at $60/m. My first bill was $118....so i looked at how I had prorated charges. Cool...my next bill should be fine....no!! It was higher. It went up to $164.52.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@901nessa Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this must be to have a bill much higher than expected. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I couldn’t agree more with this posts about Comcast Xfinity. I’m on a contract myself , and each month the prices continue to go up. Honestly, I’m sick and tired to call them or chat with them every month to get an explanation as to why this is even happening??? So  wrong and unethical in so many levels.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

While we can certainly understand your desire to receive assistance with your bill, we ask that you only ever post your questions or concerns in our public forum and remain patient for a response. If an employee responds, we ask that you please wait to be invited to direct message them. This will ensure that you get the quickest/best response possible.

Why do you tell us to send a direct message then reply back to post in the forums?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_a63a08, We would be happy to assist you. Please send us a DM with your name and address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here.  I'm halfway through a 2 year contract.  If I cancel though, I have to pay $130 cancellation fee!  I'm considering it, if I can get a better deal with another company.  This makes no sense whatsoever to make all of your longtime customers angry.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_f3891e​ I spoke with customer service and finally got through after days of trying!  They did credit me $8.05 for a month and told me to call back next month for possible promotions to try to keep the same bill.  She told me that they can raise our price according to our contract.  My retort was to say, go back to the recording you made a year ago when I got a 2 year contract.  They NEVER said that the prices could go up while under contract!

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_f3891e. Thank you for sharing your experience. I can understand how frustrating this can be. If this hasn't been done already, I would be more than happy to review your account to see if there are any promotions or packages that would help lower your current rate.To get started, can you please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support"? You can do this by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. If someone has already checked your account we'd be happy to check back in a few weeks. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Long-time Comcast customer. They just increased a package portion of my 2 year contract by $20 monthly. Billing rep's solution was to apologize and transfer me to the Disconnection dept. (who are not available today).

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

@user_0d67ed Thank you for reaching out and brining this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this is. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Messager" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon

• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

1 year ago

Continually decreasing our channel line, services, discounts you name it, magically we are under a contract but they don't have to provide what they agreed to at the price agreed upon.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  I literally signed up for two more years last Nov, very next month, Yule log gone at Christmas time, you have to pay extra for that, yes we know you had it included for more than 18 years, but now its extra.  Then the oh after 18 years your credit card no longer qualifies for an auto pay discount, if you don't give us access to directly debit your checking account you no longer get that discount we promised when you agreed to remain our customer for two more years.  No way am I giving any vendor much less one as disappointing [Edited: "Inflammatory"] as XFINITY access to directly debit my checking account.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  This month it' s the Peacock network, you will have to pay extra for that now too.  I hate sports and I don't watch broadcast TV that the rest of the planet get for free but we have to pay XFINITY whatever they say we should any time they want to change their mind about how much they think those free channels are worth anytime they choose to change their mind and increase those fees while we am under contract.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here