U

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 1:01 AM

Overcharging practices

I was with this company for more than 10 years but recently your company is charging me 140 dollars for a lousy internet that doesn't even work after midnight. On the month of June, I told your representative that I want to pay the past due and close the account. Instead, they came up with so called promotion and say they are going to charge me 78 dollars a month if I give them my bank account. This month I got charged for 233 dollars and they are claiming that they are charging me for june and may services. This is a total scam. I already payed June service (the past due), which is140 (Totally absurd for internet). The rest of the 140 is void since I signed up for a new contract which was 78 dollars.not only they charge me the 140, they charged me another 93 month for the next bill cycle after they claim that its 78. As a big company who monopolized the internet service, you shouldn't be scamming your customers. After I asked to pay my past due and close my account and payed everything that I owed them, they still want to charge me 140 dollars for july that I didn't use? After you make me sign a new contract and close the old account, you came back with a bill that shows 233 dollars? As if its not enough, your automated phone malfunction and lack of human representative makes any interaction with your company a nightmare. Most of your representatives are indifferent or completely unprofessional. One of your managers hang up the phone on me because she wasn't able to explain why I am paying them 233 dollars. For a lousy internet service, you were charging me 140 dollars a month for months after signing me up for 80 bucks . People with hbos don't pay that type of money. I will not only  report this to better business bureau, and Virginia attorney general, but I will also dispute the charges with my bank. This type of practices are totally unacceptable. enough is enough. stop victimizing your customers while monopolizing the internet in the area. You are acting like frauds and scammers.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

user_069uhr Thank you so much for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. You came to the right place for help and we are here to see what is going with the billing. To get started can you send us a DM with your name and address? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here