U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 11:25 PM

Outage Credit Issue

I was affected by hurricane Beryl and had my power restored 5AM on 7/9/2024. My internet service did not work until 3PM 7/18/2024. Since the power was back, but the internet was out I'm looking to receive credit for 7/9/2024 to 7/18/2024. However, when I go to the credit refund page it only allows for 7 days from the outage. I think it's only fair that a customer would be refunded credit for services not rendered. Is there another way for me to get the proper amount of credit refunded?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

Good evening @user_u12gf7, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your credit concerns, we appreciate your time and hope you are having a fantastic Thursday so far. We are sorry to hear that you were affected by Hurricane Beryl and hope that you and your loved ones are doing ok and didn't suffer much damage to your home. We're also sorry that your service was interrupted from 7/9 to 7/18, we apologize for the inconvenience as there was a lot of damage that our local team had to repair. I understand where you are coming from and assure you that we want to do what we can to make the situation right, you're in good hands with our team and we'll be happy to help get the proper credit applied. 

To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

1 Message

3 months ago

what is the process to claim the outage credits? we had no internet for several days here in rosenberg

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_qp9o0u Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assitance with your credit while services were down. I'm sorry to hear you were impacted by the hurricane, and hope it wasn't too bad. I would be happy to assist you with your account adjustments today. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, and the service address we will be working with today?

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I think its actually evil that these people didnt have service for over a week, tried to get a credit for their outage and failed, and now have to log in and send some random message to xfinity support to try to get a credit. Xfinity knows they did not provide service and the dates and times of the outage. These people just dealt with a hurricane. Now they have to fight with your buggy messaging system. Give the credit automatically just the same way you take payments automatically or shut off service for nonpayment automatically. Not make people jump through hoops to maybe get a credit they deserve. If i lose my transportation or my job because of a hurricane, xfinity still expects payment. So if xfinity cant provide service because of their vulnerable equipment/infrastructure or not having enough repair personnel staffed for said hurricane...they should provide the credit. We are tired of this BS. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_1lljbr, Hi there! Thanks for reaching out and for your time. This is definitely not how we want you to feel after requesting credit. We appreciate you greatly for your patience while waiting for a response. Especially when dealing with a hurricane. I agree that during challenging times such as this, we should offer an easy way to be credited for services that were down. You've knocked on the right door in virtual land. Over social media, we are a team of billing experts that can help with credit inquiries just like this. When you tried for credit, did you request the credit by using our Digital Status Center? If not, this is one of the easiest ways by simply scrolling down to where it says "Tell us more about your experience in the Interruption" Tips section at the bottom of the page. A form launches to determine eligibility for the credit. You will then provide details about your experience during the interruption.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

3 months ago

I am having the same problem. My services were down due to Beryl from 7/9/24 thru 7/18/24. I have logged into my Xfinity account and cannot seem to find the "Direct Messaging" icon anywhere. Please advise.

1 Message

@user_f3t7bx​ I have the same problem and issue , and saw that you must have made a post first before you can get access to the direct messages.  Hopefully this can access it 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

WHG5 Hello! If you need our assistance with your account, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send a DM in case you need them:

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

3 months ago

Same here, had no service for 6 full days but can only get a credit for 1 day through the website. It’s not right to be charged for nearly a week where I couldn’t have service.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @Ejburas. Thanks for reaching our team regarding your billing concerns, we can definitely help look into this for you. Please send a DM with your full name and address to further assist.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Ejburas Thanks again for reaching out! I'm glad we were able to apply the proper credit for you. Take care! 

1 Message

3 months ago

We were also without internet due to Beryl from 7/9 to 7/18. I'm not finding the Direct Message icon. I see my profile icon but when I click on it, the only options I see are...

Billing

Account and Identity

Comcast Business

Support

Check Email

Check Voicemail

Watch TV Online

Sign out

Am I not looking in the right place?

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Hello, @skajerk in the top right-hand corner you should see the direct messaging icon, the notification bell, and the Profile pic(or purple and white X symbol). If that DM box is not there click on the profile pic. In the drop-down menu select profile settings and then scroll down. Make sure the "Opt of direct messaging" box is unchecked. You have to be signed in to do all of this. Let us know if you still cannot DM us. 

2 Messages

3 months ago

My service was out from 7/8 to 7/18 and I am also getting a message on the request credit form that says to keep the outage dates within 7 days of each other. How do we request a credit for the full length of the outage?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @user_93b356, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums with your credit concerns, we appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that your service was down from 7/8-7/18 and want to make sure that your account is properly credited as we want to make the situation right. Rest assured you've reached the right team to help. We'd be happy to ensure the proper credit gets applied. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account including any applicable unit or apartment numbers? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further! 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I need a credit for Beryl related outage as well. When I try to request it via my account I am only allowed one day but I was without service for longer than that.

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here