cb1969's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 13th, 2024 1:09 PM

New bill does not reflect loss of Bally's sports network.

My latest bill arrived today and does not reflect the loss of the Bally Sports Network.  I understand that I will be credited for weeks that I already paid for but why isn't my next bill reduced?  I don't want to pay for a service I'm not receiving to only be 'credited' at a later day.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

@cb1969 Thanks for reaching out about the loss of Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming, which includes Bally Sports regional sports networks. This programming is currently unavailable as our agreement with DSG has expired. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, visit 
www.xfinity.com/howitworks

Bally was included in some of our channel packages but wasn't like something we could add à la carte so there wouldn't be an adjustment to your billing for it. 

Comcast and FuboTV reached an agreement on a special offer for our customers to help them maintain access to Bally Sports content. High level details are:
7 day free trial followed by 30% discount for 2 months on the Pro and Elite tiers
Sign-up is through Fubo directly at fubotv.com/offer (site appears to be live as of this email being drafted) and the sign-up window will be open for up to 60 days.
Content needs to be viewed through a supported device (Fubo is not integrated into the X1 platform app ecosystem)
The Fubo offer will be included in the Editorial Tip Card & MLB Team Pages and on our programming expiration website www.xfinity.com/facts

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

So, a reduction in service but not a reduction in price for the package that included Bally Sports content.  Oh, that makes perfect sense.  In addition, signing up for Fubo to receive the content that Xfinity will not discount now adds on to the bill for anyone wanting the content...and the so called discount offer doesn't add much to much in the long run.   Already very disappointed with Xfinity's rates, and to not adjust the rate for the loss of programming just shows how greedy Xfinity is.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@cb1969 We appreciate your feedback and understanding that channel line-ups, prices etc. are all subject to change at any point. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ I received email from Xfinity stating this:

"The loss of this channel will result in savings that we'll pass along to you, and you'll see a monthly credit on your bill in the coming weeks. You don't need to do anything to receive your credit; we'll automatically apply it to your upcoming monthly bill statement."

If this is the case, why is Xfinity saying I'm to receive a credit but then you're saying the package cannot be discounted.

Can you explain what the $12.25 regional sports fee actually covers?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@cb1969 that is great to hear. This has been a recent change and with so much changing so fast sometime even us reps don't get all the information, so you are all set. Chances are it will show up on your new bill once it prints. Thanks for that information. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

I have the same questions about Bally credits as listed above.  I don't see an answer to the question of "where is the credit on the bill".  All I see from comcast is a lot of talk but no action.  I guess the info put out on all the media about refunding customers is only for eyewash to the masses.  Congrats Comcast you have missed the ball again.  I have several services from Xfinity.  As soon as I can figure out all the impacts, I think I will probably be gone.  It's pretty evident that Comcast sure doesn't care about the customers. 

Expert

• 

105.6K Messages

4 months ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

1 Message

3 months ago

We received an email outlining the amount of the credit.  It said the amount, and that it would show between May 28 and June 7.  Still nothing!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_k1gj7o. I would be more than happy to review your account to see the status of this credit. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_k1gj7o​ I have not got credit on my bill

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@user_79a394 Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I would be more than happy to review the billing and see what is happening. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here