U

Tuesday, May 28th, 2024 2:15 PM

Lmtd basic converter

We do not have a limited basic converter. You are charging us $10 per month for something we do not have. There dozens of complaints about this. Xfinity needs to fix this

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Howdy user_0fcrtc

Serialized hardware is always approved and accepted by the user. Has there been an additional piece of equipment in the home in the past that might have not been returned? 

3 Messages

No. We do not have a LMtd Basic Converter.  You have dozens and dozens of complaints about this topic.  Xfinity needs to fix this.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_0fcrtc We would be happy to help research this. I hope it would be okay to circle back here publicly after we find out what was the culprit to share what we find out for other users to reference.

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Googled the Xfinity Customer Service phone number as online chat was no help. Slow and frustrating. Stuck in an online loop of inactivity.  Called customer service and eventually talked with a person (Kirt) who was very helpful.  He resolved the issue and gave us a refund.  Xfinity had sent us a xumo stream box a month or two ago.  It didn't work so we returned it a few days later.  Kirt found the returned equipment and fixed things for us.  Pretty sure the Xumo box was supposed to be free.  In any case, case resolved.. for the time being.   

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_0fcrtc happy to hear everything was sorted out. XUMO as a service is free, and we provide the box as a free lease to access the service, once you would suspend the service, we just ask the box to be returned so another customer can have an opportunity to experience all XUMO has to offer. Thank you for the update! Our team is always here to help too. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Hey XfinityThomasB - If XUMO is free and the service is free, why are people getting charged $9.85 & calling the charge LMtd Basic Converter?  I am on the phone with your customer service department as I type this on hold for the 4th time and the call is already at 35 minutes.  I am now being told that I need to bring this XUMO box back to an Xfinity store and waste even more of my time for incorrect information given to YOUR customers. And yes, she is telling me that LMtd Basic Converter is the Xumo box and I don't have any of your equipment as I left Xfinity TV because of hidden charges constantly popping up on my bill.  This is a total scam and I feel sorry for those that aren't reviewing their Xfinity Bills on a monthly basis.    

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

18 days ago

Xfinity tells everyone this "Flex Box" is completely free, but then starts charging you for this service $9.85 at about the 6 month mark.  I don't even use it and was told it was free forever by the rep so I said fine, I'll take one but I will never use it and the Xfinity rep said, good... you never know if you might need it. I am now getting a charge for something I was forced to take and told I would never have to pay for it.  This is just another scam by Xfinity and hopefully others are checking their monthly bills.   

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Juice1818 thank you for sharing your feedback. I do want to let you know there must be something else you are being charged for as the Flex/Xumo is not a monthly fee unless you have more than one device. The First Flex/Xumo box has no monthly fee. If you have more than one Flex/Xumo box it's a $5 monthly leasing fee. After 6 months there is not a fee that you are charged $9.85 for. We also do not force you to take a Flex/Xumo as it's just an offer. With that said we are happy to take a look into your account and investigate your billing. Please feel free to send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

Regular Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ 1. I told your customer service person multiple times I DO NOT want this Xumo box and when I was told that I would not get a charge and I might need it, I gave in and said as long as I don't ever get charged I will take it and it will just sit in its box doing nothing and the rep gave it to me.  Again, I told the rep I wasn't interested and the rep basically wasn't giving in so I did.  2. I was told two days ago by an Xfinity customer service rep that the $9.85 charge is for the Xumo box that I was told I would never get charged for.  It's a scam as I am seeing numerous threads on this same issue and I honestly believe Xfinity is only hoping that it goes unnoticed by the customers that do not look at their bills and just auto pay them.  And before telling me what it isn't, you should actually look into the $9.85 LMTD BASIC CONVERTER charges that are showing up on a lot of your customers bills as I was told two days ago that it is indeed for the Xumo box I was told I'd never get a charge for by an Xfinity employee.  You guys are all over the place and can't even get on the same page regarding a random charge that shows up on invoices.  C'mon man enough is enough with all of this BS!!  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Juice1818, your first Xumo Stream Box is included for no additional monthly cost with your Xfinity Internet service. Each additional Xumo Stream Box is just $5 per month. I'd like to help and look into your billing concerns, please send a DM with your full name and address to further assist.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here