U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 10th, 2023 6:48 AM

Closed

Live Chat Agent Lies me and changed my internet Plan

Dear XFINITY service,

I am a new customer, who started to join Xfinity internet Last November with 75 Mbps plan of ~ 29.9$ per month, contract 1 year. I paid for December-March. An agent tried to convince me to join the mobile line to get more discount, I joined 3 mobile lines but no discount but the fee increased to 40$ in April. I contacted to live chat agent again, and they lied again and changed my plan to 400 Mbps with the same price as my formed deal (30$) + award of 100$ gift card. Now I have seen my next bill is 62$/month.

This is unacceptable. I would like to file a complaint for lying to a customer.

Thank you.

New Problem Solver

• 

318 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @user_9e4356, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on the forums. This is not the experience we want you to have as a valued member of the Xfinity family. You have reached the right team to look into this for you today. Can you send us a direct message with your full name and address to get started?

To send a direct message: 

1. Sign into the community. 
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to our private message inbox 
  3. Click the New Message icon. 
  4. Enter Xfinity Support in the Send to field. 
  5. Type the reply in the Message box. 
  6. Click Enter to send your message. 
  7. You can see your back-and-forth messages with any user by clicking the messages. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same problem. I have the screenshots to prove that now one but two chat agents lied to me.  The first signed me up for a promotion program that included a mobile phone.  Agent told me if I didn't want the phone I had 24 months to return it.  The phone didn't work I spent hours on live chat and on the phone talking to agents.  I went to Samsung service centers even.  When I tried to return the phone I was told I was outside my 14 day return period.  When I showed the representative in the store the screenshot of the chat I was told I would have to deal with the live chat since they promised me a 24 month return period.  When I went back to live chat another agent told me since I had the screenshots he had it approved for me to return the phone and I would be receiving a shipping label.  When a few days pasted and I was never emailed a shipping label I called back.  The agent told me I could not return the phone.  I told him I had screenshots of not only the 1st agent promising me a 24 month return window but the 2nd agent saying he was sending me a shipping label and I was approved to return the phone..  I don't believe Xfinity should be allowed to hold me to my contract since I was lied to to get me to agree to the contract.  

I would like to reiterate that this type of customer service is unacceptable

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here