U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 8:14 PM

Internet outage when it rains

Is infinity going to issue a credit when my internet goes down during a rain storm?

During this past “monsoon” season in AZ, my internet goes down during a rain storm; this also knocks out the local xfinity free WiFi sites in my location, so I *know* it’s not my home or my equipment.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

133 Messages

2 m ago

Hey there, I can help you with this.

In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT

Hello

II sent you the details in a chat window - I only see XfinityAnthony, no "XfinityAnthonyT" in the address book

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

332 Messages

Please send your message to us by searching for "Xfinity Support". We can help you there! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thanks for your help 

I contacted xfinity technical support; after their tests, they confirmed the problem exists with their equipment (CO) and sending a tech to resolve it.

sadly, it’s down again today but it did rain most of last night so I’m not surprised.

Official Employee

• 

220 Messages

We sure are sorry to hear this happens when the weather is bad @user_2d37a0 . I can't imagine the frustration you are feeling. Please keep us posted after the technician comes out. I would love to know he got everything resolved for you! Thank you for being an active part of the Xfinity Forums community.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Cable tested up and down the street, from the concentrator to my home.

Apparently along with the all the other outages, the tech found my cable is defective and they're sending a trenching crew to lay new cable.

Thanks for all your tips and help

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 m ago

There is no attention given to intermittent problems.  I have had the same issue for over two years, and we are up to the VIP service team level now (no badges for that), and it will undoubtedly fail again.  Supposedly, there is some monitoring of our neighborhood, and I have now resolved to begging AT&T to lay fiber down my street, and I even offered to pay for it.  My county just announced an infrastructure grant for broadband in our area, and we pray....

This comment was created from this reply
This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_6e1e26 

good luck

fwiw, the Comcast tech dropped a temp cable, tested it and showed me gb speeds (1.2) coming into my home. While impressive, I’m not about to drop a C note on unreliable bandwidth or dropped connections.

New to the Community?

Start Here