U

Thursday, May 2nd, 2024 8:44 PM

I'm charged for a non existent device?????

I subscribed to Xfinity December last year and picked up the modem from a store in San Jose, CA. Then I noticed that I was charged $252 for a storm-ready device.

Note that I didn't ask for such a device. So I brought the device back to the store --> They said that the device is a STANDARD one -- NOT EVEN A STORM-READY device. (I'm still using it today.)

Then they gave a number and asked me to contact the billing department for a refund. I tried to call them a few months ago and thought that this issue was resolved.

It turns that the ticket was CLOSED without any refund for me. In the last few days, I tried to contact Xfinity via chat & this number: 888-934-6489, talking to at least a dozen of "agents".

None of them gave me any proper help. This is ridiculous. 

YOU CAN EASILY CHECK THAT MY DEVICE IS NOT A STORM-READY ONE. THIS IS YOUR BILLING FAULT.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

6 months ago

Hey there, user_dzkr5y, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your device concerns. We definitely want to ensure you were only charged for the equipment you currently have, and we appreciate you joining Xfinity in December! ❤️ I would like to take a look at your account and ticket on our end to get to the bottom of this issue for you!

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

1 Message

I’m going through something very similar with them right now. It feels criminal to be charged for a device not in my possession. I wish I could go back in time and never sign up for their services. Cheapest service connection because of the poor service, poor customer service, and disrespectful business practices. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here