A

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, April 22nd, 2021 1:01 PM

Closed

Emergency Broadband Benefit Program

Does Comcast participate in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program? The one that comes with a $50/month subsidy on internet service? And I know about Internet Essentials which is a different program with different eligibility criteria and a different benefit amount. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Gotcha! Thank you @ae5880 for providing me with that information so I know how to direct you to the proper application. Existing Xfinity Internet customers will need to check eligibility through the National Verifier here https://comca.st/3vaa0d1. Once the National Verifier has verified eligibility, customers can proceed to the enrollment step. Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at https://comca.st/3xaHw4N using your Xfinity ID, and complete the consent and application process.

Please keep in mind the above listed websites will be fully operational when the program is set to begin on 04/26/2021. 

Just an additional note, for those who may be existing Internet Essential customers, you will not need to complete the National Verifier step as you have already completed the Federal verification when establishing your Internet Essentials account. 

Of course, if you run into any road blocks along the way, our team is here to help in any way we can! 

(edited)

This comment was created from this reply

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ON XFINITY EBB SITE ,I HAVE BEEN TRYING SINCE 5/12 AND SPOKE WITH THEIR REPRESENTATIVES 4 TIMES WITH NO HELP BECAUSE THEY SAY ITS A GOVERNMENT APPLICATION

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello user_e8b8c5, thanks for reaching out about the troubles you're running into when trying to access the EBB application. We thank you for your interest in the EBB program and apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this has caused you. We would be more than happy to further assist you.

Just to verify, did you confirm your eligibility with the program's National Verifier first? 

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I qualified for the program and submitted my application on Xfinity but my bill hasn't changed!!! I'm so tired of dealing with Xfinity and trying to lower my bill and this program would help us a lot. I qualified for the program and filled out the Xfinity application. I received an email from Xfinity to view my UPDATED SERVICE ORDER and there is 0 change. Under EBB Application it says $0.00 / mo

What is that! I qualify for the program! I should at least get a $50 discount. I'm gonig to have to go elsewhere for my Internet service!

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I know it can be a bit confusing after any change so I will try to clear up the confusion for you! Please send me a Peer to Peer message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon! 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastAlyssa   THIS IS NOT ACCURATE INFORMATION.

You can go to that page as often as you want but it will not work.

https://comca.st/3vaa0d1  and xfinity/ebb are both nonfunctional pages that loop to a "WE'RE SORRY" announcement. They then want you to request a callback from their "dedicated team" and you will have to sit and listen for a LONG time while some guy reads you all the policies and provisions and rules you have to agree to (verbally on the phone) and even then you'll likely get a notice a few days later that you were somehow "unapproved" because they need more information, yet they don't TELL you what that information is that they need, and then you get to do the process all over again. xfinity/comcast is apparently avoiding helping customers with this.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

I was able to chat with a live agent and got this canned response:

I got two issues with that: 

• The National Verifier they refer to (https://www.lifelinesupport.org/) handles the Lifeline program which is separate from EBB and has its own eligibility criteria. 
  • xfinity.com/EBB is a dead link...

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@BruceW 

That's exactly my point, FCC lists Comcast as a participating provider, but I can't get any accurate information from Comcast itself on how one would sign up for this program with Comcast. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning @ and thank you so much for your interest in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program, we would more than happy to assist you with the application process! To determine the best way to apply may I ask if you are currently enrolled in our Internet Essentials program? 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

No, and I wouldn't qualify for the Internet Essentials. My household, would, however, qualify for the EBB. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Gotcha! Thank you @ae5880 for providing me with that information so I know how to direct you to the proper application. Existing Xfinity Internet customers will need to check eligibility through the National Verifier here https://comca.st/3vaa0d1. Once the National Verifier has verified eligibility, customers can proceed to the enrollment step. Enroll in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program at https://comca.st/3xaHw4N using your Xfinity ID, and complete the consent and application process.

Of course, if you run into any road blocks along the way, our team is here to help in any way we can! 

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a comment

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@ComcastAlyssa ,

Thank you for the prompt reply. So the first link takes me to lifelinesupport.org which verifies eligibility for the Lifeline program, and that program is separate from the EBB. FCC lists multiple eligibility criteria for the EBB, one of which is eligibility for the Lifeline program (that I am not eligible for) but another way to quality for the EBB is by having experienced "a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020", and that's my situation.

Second, the second link is, again, a dead link. 

If you don't believe me, I captured my clicks here:

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

... National Verifier here https://comca.st/3vaa0d1 ... Enroll ... https://comca.st/3xaHw4N

The first link sends me to https://www.lifelinesupport.org/national-verifier/, but the second which points to http://xfinity.com/EBB sends me to a Not Found page at https://www.xfinity.com/error/404?item=%2febb&user=extranet\Anonymous&site=xfinity

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 years ago

@ComcastAlyssa, any comments? 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thank you for reaching back out today! When launched, customers will be able to find more details about this program at https://comca.st/3ayodsv. Please note, that URL will not work until the program launches. From my research I am not showing the program has been launched but the estimated date will be on 4/26/2021. I would be happy to follow up with you on the 26th to make sure you can access the page. 

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Ah, so the program is not live yet. Got it.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@ae5880 Correct! The webpage will become live on 4/26. We apologize for the wait but once that date hits it will be live to use. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi there. I hope you're doing well today. I just wanted to check in! Any additional questions/concerns that came up since we last spoke? Have you been able to make any progress on your end? We are here if you need us. :)

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

@ComcastMorgan, still waiting for xfinity.com/EBB to go live...

New Poster

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Can't apply with Xfinity/Comcast. The web page apply now button gives an error message that tells me to call to complete. But I've called and chatted and they tell me it must be done via that button. So I'm approved via the Nation Verifier and their CS is telling me I can use it at AT&T or Tmobile at my address if Xfinity doesn't let me. Really? Is this my option? Frustrated....

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I qualified for the program and submitted my application on Xfinity but my bill hasn't changed!!! I'm so tired of dealing with Xfinity and trying to lower my bill and this program would help us a lot. I qualified for the program and filled out the Xfinity application. I received an email from Xfinity to view my UPDATED SERVICE ORDER and there is 0 change. Under EBB Application it says $0.00 / mo

What is that! I qualify for the program! I should at least get a $50 discount. I'm gonig to have to go elsewhere for my Internet service!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I qualify and am approved for the EBB under Lifeline because of a reduction in income because of Covid.  I don't qualify for Internet Essentials.  Xfinity told me to set-up a regular account and then link the EBB to my account.  There's no way to do that. I've called Xfinity countless times and get a different "solution" that never works, because they tell me to sign up for Interent Essentials.  I tried that, reduction in income isn't an approved Xfinity event that's approved.

Please advise.

Much appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

989 Messages

Hi @user_7f4dc3 thank you for reaching out about this request. Once you have been verified and started your Xfinity Services (non-Internet Essentials) you may skip to step number three and apply for enrollment on this page: https://comca.st/3wx3DRW

Please make sure the information (name, address, etc.) submitted on your National Verifier form matches the information submitted on your Xfinity EBB enrollment form.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

When I signed up with Comcast, the CS person didn’t tell me that I had to use the same user ID as my National Verifier which could be problem #1.

The qualifications for the EBB  through the FCC and Comcast are different so Comsat is rejecting me under their guidelines 

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know this information, @user_7f4dc3! We certainly apologize for the frustration you have had with this process. We can certainly have a closer look into this. Can you please click the Peer to Peer chat icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I stand corrected, my Lifeline email is the same as my Comcast email I used to signup

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here