U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 21st, 2021 3:35 AM

Closed

Complaint form

Dear customer service team, 

I apologize in advance for the tone of my e-mail. I have wasted 20+ hours of my time to avoid fake charges and pay my bill to avoid service interruption, and I hope you can at least empathize with my frustration. In fact, I hate every further second spent on typing this complaint form. 
I have spoken repeatedly with 10+ Xfinity employees, of different seniority levels, trying to avoid fake charges on my account. I have gotten reassurance after reassurance, guarantee after guarantee, apology after apology. As of now, there is a late payment on my account because I refuse to pay fake charges. I have tried again and again to communicate with Xfinity, resolve the matter, and pay the right amount. In vain. I will not go over the details---they should be in the notes your colleagues have kept (as they said) attached to my account.  

At this point, I refuse to make another call or chat with Xfinity agents. If you remove the fake charges and the right amount shows up on my profile, I will gladly pay it at once. Else, I hope I can find a different service provider who will better respect my money and time. This is, by far, the worst service experience I have had. 

P.S. I have heard similar complaints from other Xfinity customers. It does not take that long to lose to the competition. 

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @user_f768f6! I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience in regard to your account and billing. I'm happy to look over your account. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Right on.  I have tried to contact a human agent for three days now to no avail.  I'm searching for a competitive provider that has humans as customer support.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @Lcroftjr. I appreciate your time tryin to contact us and we are happy to help right here! Please send a direct message with your name, address, and what you need. 

Make sure you are signed in.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon(direct message) near the bell icon. 2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

2. Hit the compose button to the right of "conversations"

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I am fed up with xfinity's version of customer service.  It is impossible to talk to a human.  I'll look for a competitor.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I can understand doing what you feel is best based on your experience. If you change your mind, I would love to help! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@lcroftjr Just to let you know, every Official Employee and Expert that responds on this forum are honest to goodness real live people, as are all other customers.  While this isn't like instant messaging, OE's respond as quickly as possible to both public posts and private messages.  And, the OE's are corporate employees, not your typical CSR's.  😉

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

They reset my cable box to factory settings and refuses to come fix it knowing my autistic son is gonna have meltdown without his scheduled tv time this company is unbelievable

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_0c2d04 I am so sorry to hear the settings on the box were reset. We typically do not send techs to help with settings, but I want to help in any way I can. Are there specific settings you're looking for? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have similar complaints.  They make it almost impossible to communicate with them other than on the phone.  I would like to send a letter to someone in charge, but there are no addresses that I can find.

I may have to send a letter to the CEO, which is what I had to do to resolve problems with another internet provider.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @WVBrady 

I wanted to quickly thank you for your comment on the Xfinity Forums. We are here for you and we have a dedicated team that would value the opportunity to speak with you. We appreciate feedback and the chance to resolve any questions or concerns you have with your Xfinity account.

For account specific concerns we would ask that you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I also wanted to share a few different ways you're able to contact us for support. Please choose one that's convenient for you and connect with our team. We'd love to help out right here and can speak in more detail in "Peer to peer" ("Private") message. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Exactly...having the same issue. Comcast quit giving reference numbers for conversations years ago so one cannot prove they actually called Comcast. Simply inexcusable. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would be happy to assist you with your account. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

Typing is not what i have in mind. Human voice with someone who has authotiry to address issues is. Level one and level two operators in the Phillipines, Honduras  and the Dominican Republic bounce a customer around to another operator by utting uouback in the que when they cannot answer a question or say a silrrvisor is unavailable and customer never hears from anyone to resolve an issue.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@gackenhj​ I would not mind typing IF there is a human typing on the other side, but these are bots and automatic messages. 

And they keep repeating the same thing. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have talked to 7 people just today and have been on the phone for over 4 hours trying to get someone to explain to me how I have reached my data usage in just 6 days. how does one go over 1229 Mbps in just 6  days? I have had two agents restart my modem (which hangs up the phone) I have had 2 more agents just hang up because they could not answer my questions. I have changed my modem and reset my password in December. I have had the same 6 devices connected to the internet since 2019 and I have been using the same quality of videos since I've had Xfinity and I am the only one in my house. Last month, I talked to someone in the security dept. and they were supposed to call me back, they never did. I have asked to speak to a supervisor to help me with this situation and they (agents) seem to not be able to find anyone. I need someone to explain to me how one goes over their data in just 6 days. No, I do not want to spend an additional $25/month for unlimited data, which will put my bill at $250/month. 

For every person I have talked to just today, I have to retell what was going on, so they are not noting in my account what is going on. Do you know how frustrating it is to have to repeat to 7 people what is going on and to tell them everything they have suggested  I have done? Again... nothing has changed as far as devices connected to my internet and furthermore, I am not home enough to even watch or stream to use my data. I need to talk to someone with a higher position at this point.

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

Hello @user_c4c832 I am truly sorry to hear that this has not been resolved and would love to look into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

@user_c4c832​ i understand you problem with communication and endure the same issues communicating. We had same data usage issue. We are ecpected to play be their rules, yet Comcast/Xfinity makes communicating a problem and resolving impossible. I may have finally found a reliable escalation person.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am a long time comcast/xfinity customer from two different states NEVER have ever exceeded the 1.2 TB for usage. However from January 1 to the 18 of 2022 my usage went up to 1.229TB and I was charged and additional $10 for 50GB.  I called and spoke to an agent and we viewed data usage for the past 6 months. The agent conceded that I had never gone over the allotted 1.2TB and that I must have done something for the surge in usage. I explained that I am the only one in the house and that there in no way I could have used that much in a entire month let alone 18 days.  I explained that I checked January's  usage thru my router's software and the numbers were vastly different.  She told me since I was in the grace period that I would not have to pay for any overages.  I called again the following day because even with unplugging ever device in my home connect to comcast I had used 16GB overnight.   Today going into the 21st day of the month of January I check after hooking up my computer to compose this complaint, and  I see I have been charged an additional $10 for exceeding the first 50GB.  Again, my router numbers are vastly different from how comcast/xfininty.  At this rate, by the end of January I will have used almost 500GB!  Keep in mind just one person in the house. Now does that sound right?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Greetings, @user_f6792e! Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your data usage and reporting, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

Please be aware that under normal circumstances, it can take 24-48 hours for your data usage to post to the accumulated total, so even if you had everything disconnected for several hours, you may still see new data usage being posted from the previous day or two.

That being said, I would definitely be happy to look into this for you. If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live session.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ Xfinity Support is a chat bot, and after clinking there is a message "Do you want to talk to an agent" I said yes, thinking finally i will talk at least to someone in India or the Philippines better than a bot. But no,  in the end it says "sorry this service is not available". So what are you talking about JamesC? Calling? Chatting? all of them lead to nothing. 

Give us a solution, and resolve our issues that Xfinity has created.

Official Employee

• 

709 Messages

I can assure you that we are all real on here and there are no bots! Please send us a private message with your information to get started! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This company is ridiculous. 10 hours on the phone today. No one can help. They’ve been charging me for 3 years on gig internet service but gave me a modem that could only handle 600mbps. Just found it out today. No one can seem to help out with any type of reimbursement. 

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @user_a7c944. Thank you for reaching out to us through Xfinity forums! Oh no! How upsetting! I'm truly sorry to hear you have been experiencing speed issues! I'm here to help! 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

You guys have the worst customer service in the word not professional and rude I did called last time to complain and to explain my issue they hung-up the phone in my face what kind off people you hiring every one that I know that I know they say good company worst customer service.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_f5cd4e. I hate to hear of your poor experience, we can definitely look into any of your concerns, please send us a direct message outlining the issue and if you can include your name and address in full. We can continue there.

To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. 

Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/32MG7a5

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was contacted by one of your agents and I was pitched a very aggressive sale on the mobile plan. the agent persisted after I continuously said no and proceeded to ask for my information to sign me up for the phone program. I had to hang up the phone to stop the conversation this is unacceptable. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_c053ba I have a strict rule about giving my social security on the phone and she persisted to ask for it after I said no 5 times, this can't be normal procedure.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.9K Messages

@user_c053ba

We want to ensure our customers are having a good time when they are interacting with our teams here at Xfinity. Can you please send our team a private message with your full name and full service address? From here we can take any feedback about the situation and take a look from our side. Thank you so much for your patience! 

To send the requested information:
  • Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon 
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support"
      there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  • Select "Xfinity Support" from that list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Try to file a complaint, I sent an complaint via email to the email address provided on the website.  Guess what it bounced back.  Xfinity does not provide a complaint mechanism that can be shared with other customers.  They want a private phone call that can't be shared. 

I have been a customer for approximately 20 years.  Over the years you have continually down graded my program package, substituting lower quality pay channels for the original channels signed up for.  When I joined comcast, my package was not suppose to change unless I picked a new package.  I have never opted for a new package.  One of the primary reasons I picked the package I did was because the equipment was included in the base price. 

When I received the upgrade, the package sent to me did not contain all of the pieces needed.  I called customer service who said they would mail me the correct piece, but that never happened.  I called a few more times indicating that not all of the equipment was there and that there was no local store to return the old equipment to.  I was given an address of the closest store to return the equipment.  This store was 70 miles one way from my house.  I informed customer service I would not drive that distance to return equipment that comcast/xfinity said no longer worked.

I find that I have been charged a full rental fee for the equipment that xfinity wanted returned without a shipping label and for me to drive to the Ann Arbor area to return.  Note, xfinity said the equipment wouldn’t work and it didn’t when I finally contacted customer service for the last time, the female operator discovered that there was a cable missing and I had to go and buy the cable to connect the equipment.  No shipping label was ever received.  I still have the old equipment, it is not hooked up – NOTE, AS ADMITTED BY XFINITY/COMCAST, IT DOESN’T WORK!!!  I expect a full refund of the rental fee charged for non-operational equipment.

In 2021, I again received equipment and was informed that the equipment received in 2020 would no longer work after early 2022.  I attempted to connect the equipment; however, the specialized cable provided was only ten feet long and suppose to connect to the wall.  However, my house isn’t wire that way it connects in the basement about 25 feet away.  This is how Comcast/Xfinity set it up.  To date, I have not received a specialized cable for my connection.  I again find that Comcast/Xfinity is charging me a fee for this new, non-working equipment.  

Along with that, Comcast/Xfinity removed the equipment from my base price package.  I want the equipment added back in as part of my package as it should be and a full refund for the rental fees for non-working equipment.  This change is unacceptable.  This ala cart pricing is designed for the customer to have to pay 100s of times the actual cost of the equipment.

Comcast/Xfinity can send a shipping label or person to pick up the equipment.  However, the equipment will not be released until a full refund has been applied to my account.

An response is expected on before march 31, 2022.

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Hello, @user_cf45c4. Thanks for taking the time to provide all of these details. It looks as though you've had a less than desirable experience with us, and that's never something we want to happen, especially for someone who's been loyal for so long. We'd love to investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity's customer service are well-trained in how to yap glibly, and that's it. They tell you how incredibly happy they are to be talking to you, and how happy you're going to be, they're going to fix everything and make everything perfect and what a beautiful day it is, right before they hang up on you. You call back, negotiate the endless phone tree, get another rep, repeat ad infinitum. Xfinity is evil. It's just that simple.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello AlexCoe, thanks for reaching out to us on our Forums page. We hate to hear about your bad experience when trying to work with us over the phone. It's upsetting to know you have been hung up on and we truly apologize for that. My team would love to assist you with any account needs/concerns you may have. We're here to support you. What can we help you with? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

A month ago I attempted to add a line and BYOD. The activation would not work. I spent almost 7 hours with your support team trying to activate it. I instructed the rep to just cancel the line because obviously xfinity was not able to provide this service in a reasonable about of time.

Fast forward to today - that line is still on my account and has not been removed. I was just chatting with a rep for 45 minutes before she informed me she is not the mobile team. I am so sick and tired of this company wasting my time. We are quickly approaching a full 8 hours of my time.

Is there somewhere that I can send a bill for my time?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have been an Xfinity customer since 2017, spanning across two addresses. I recently had to move for work purposes to New York where there is no Xfinity service. Therefore, I had to terminate my services. After letting Xfinity know this in person at the Philadelphia store on 3/20, I was told the termination fee would be waived since I was moving somewhere where there was no Xfinity service present. Then I called Xfinity on 3/28 to cancel and was told I need to pay $180 to terminate. The service rep told me I could avoid this by going to the Xfinity store and transferring these services to another family member, which I was planning to do. I then go to the King of Prussia Xfinity store, and the rep there told me I can cancel my services with no fee and would actually receive a $6 credit. Woohoo, right? I canceled my service, returned my equipment, and left with a receipt that state no additional charges. A month later, low and behold, I was charged $174 for early termination. I called Xfinity AGAIN and they assured me I would be refunded. No refund ever showed up. I called AGAIN the next day, and now was told there is nothing they can do and that the charge makes sense. I am INCREDIBLY frustrated and disappointed, and will NOT be a returning customer once it is my time to move again.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I see I'm not the only one experiencing poor customer service. 

I received a call back from Comcast about my internet connection not working. I was informed my service has been disconnected as of June 1, 2022. I informed the representative I called on June 1, 2022 to change my credit card information, not disconnect my service. Unfortunately, I discovered my service was disconnected at 7:50 p.m. (Central Time) right before the NBA Finals started. I'm a die hard Boston Celtics fan which is relevant in this case because the Celtics are playing in the NBA Finals. Beyond upset, I had to go to a local bar to watch the game because a Comcast representative mistakenly disconnected my services.  Yes, I spoke to a live person on June 1, 2022. Today (6/3/22) I had to wait 46 minutes on hold after a live person representative from technical support transferred me to billing since that was the last department I spoke to. Billing then transferred me because the female on the line was working from home (and breathing heavily into the phone during the duration of the call) and could not process my credit card information. I was rerouted back to the automated system which informed me again, I could leave my number and get a call back in 1.0 to 1.5 hours. I have been customer with Comcast for years and this customer service is ridiculous. Over 24 hours later and multiple transfers and I still do not have internet connection. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hi there, @dase9559, thank you for taking the time to post a comment on our Xfinity Forums. I am sad to hear of the negative experience and ongoing issues you have been going through with your services. Please rest assure you have reached the right team for assistance. To get started, please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

33 Messages

I understand your pain. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@dase9559​ WORD! I HATE THIS COMPANY! AS SOON AS I CAN GET AWAY I TOO WILL!!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_a62fde! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here