U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 6:52 PM

Closed

Charged $100 for in-home technician visit

Can someone help me with this inappropriate charge? I had connection issue a few days ago so I went to xfinity online chat for solutions. The agent urged me to get a technician visit as their system suggested. I accepted and the techinican came the second, running test on my modem, router and even my device. He says there is nothing wrong with all these and probably just random signal intervention issue. I though it was all set, until I saw the $100 charge in the bill. Apparently the technician leaves a note saying it's user equipment issue. I am so frustrated that 1) xfinity charges the fee while nothing is wrong with my end, 2) the actually problem is never identified and they say it's my equipment, 3) no one, not the online chat agent nor the techinician has ever told me about the potential fee before the visit. In fact, if I recall correctly, the online agent actually told me it's free of charge.

It's even more frustrating when I call the customer service and all they say is how valid is this charge and they can credit half of the charge. Why would you issue a credit if it's all my fault ???

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

983 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_e10c37 I'm very sorry for your billing concerns. You reached the right team, and we can assist regarding the fee that you were charged. Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I'm going through something similar. I had them come out to move the cable closer to my room as the speed wasn't great. No one, not the agent who scheduled the visit or the tech, mentioned a $100 charge. $100 for 1 hour of work because your speed wasn't as fast as advertised. I'm livid. 

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

@user_d8f322 I would like to assist you and look into your billing concerns. Can you send us a direct message.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Dealing with the same issue moved to a new location internet connection was not good kept disconnecting. Have several technicians come out finally someone said let me check outside and the issue was finally fixed now I have a $100 service fee NO ONE INFORMED ME OF. Had I know this would’ve happened I would’ve just canceled the terrible service all together now I’m at risk of not having internet at all and I WFH. 

COMCAST DOESN’T CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS AT ALL!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @user_0e024f!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can with your services.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name and service address so that we can take a look at what's going on for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here