U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 21st, 2021 6:01 AM

Closed

Cancel Starz Subscriptioin

I accidentally used the flex box to purchase a Starz subscription. I want to cancel that since I saw it come up at a $8.99 charge on my Xfinity internet bill. It's really frustrating because there is no way to manage/ do this on the xfinity portal, and the flex box doesn't show me subscribed to anything, so I can't do this anywhere. Xfinity, I don't care about reversing any charges/payments for using the Starz subscription. But you must create an intelligible way of canceling these subscriptions! We've had this for over a week, so the "give it time to show up on the record" excuse doesn't cut it.

PS. I wouldn't have ever chosen to use Xfinity if they weren't the only internet option in my area.

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

2 years ago

Hello!

You can cancel certain Internet Subscription Video On Demand channels by following the information in the link below:

Internet Subscription Video On Demand channels are individual On Demand networks that you can subscribe to in addition to your Xfinity TV service. However, these channels require both Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Internet services and are only delivered through your X1 TV Box. Note: Some channels are also available with Xfinity Flex.

https://comca.st/3NaaWIf

That said, some channels or subscriptions do not currently have the option to cancel through the device. Any representative can assist with this, myself included--I'll submit feedback to have our FaQ page updated based on everyones' suggestions here.

@user_cbba59 if you could please send us a direct message here, we can start the process to remove the charges.

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3NfKc92
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

We ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist. 

Old thread being closed and marked with best solution. Should you require any additional assistance, please create a new thread in the appropriate category.

This comment was created from this reply

Official Employee

• 

3.9K Messages

3 years ago

Greetings, @user_3c2f34! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing night! I apologize to hear that you were unable to unsubscribe from Starz. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this along to the proper channels for future enhancements. We can certainly get Starz removed for you. Can you please click the Direct Message icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first/last name and full address so we may further assist you?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityMichaelC I am having the same problem, I cannot cancel my Starz or Disney channel.  It says I don't have a subscription but I have been paying for a few months now and it shows up on my bill

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hey there, @user_644a02. Thank you for the comment. We can definitely assist you.

Could you please send our team a private message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Agree- a real workaround to figure out- who has time- its a sly way to add on to the bill.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am also having this probelm. Its not apparent on website or on remote on tv how to unsubscribe. Its a sly way to add on the bills

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Had this same issue, and after about 30 min of searching for an online solution, or through the xfinity webpage, the best way is to just contact an agent through the app, or page. I could've easily saved myself about 20 min if there was any indication of that on the page; maybe update it so xfinity consumers know how to deal with the Starz subcription process?

The agents got me through the process in a fraction of the time I spent aimlessly trying to cancel the sub on my own.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having this issue with a Starz subscription that I am being charged for and have never used. I would like to remove the current billing as well as the previous charges from my bill Can you please provide support?

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

Hello!

You can cancel certain Internet Subscription Video On Demand channels by following the information in the link below:

Internet Subscription Video On Demand channels are individual On Demand networks that you can subscribe to in addition to your Xfinity TV service. However, these channels require both Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Internet services and are only delivered through your X1 TV Box. Note: Some channels are also available with Xfinity Flex.

https://comca.st/3NaaWIf

That said, some channels or subscriptions do not currently have the option to cancel through the device. Any representative can assist with this, myself included--I'll submit feedback to have our FaQ page updated based on everyones' suggestions here.

@user_cbba59 if you could please send us a direct message here, we can start the process to remove the charges.

To send a direct message:

Please only send a direct message when requested by an official employee--sending a chat when not requested may result in the chat being lost given the high volume of chat requests received daily.

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link: https://comca.st/3NfKc92
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

We ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside your inquiry so we can best assist. 

Old thread being closed and marked with best solution. Should you require any additional assistance, please create a new thread in the appropriate category.

This reply has been converted into a comment
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here