U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 3, 2021 1:02 AM

Billing Discrepancy - Bait and Switch Fraud from Xfinity

I placed an online order this morning confirmation (Edited- Account specific information)

My order clearly showed that I was purchasing a $25/mo service with a $10 discount for auto payment. I have screenshots of everything and my RECEIPT. 
I was then told my an agent that my "REAL" bill is $25/mo rather than $15/mo because according to the breakdown of prices on the company's end - their numbers are completely different. 
I have spent 1 hour and 26 minutes on the phone with an agent, and following that a supervisor named Julie, who ended up disconnecting the line. I was NOT being rude, I was not raising my voice, I was handling this issue in a calm manner. Rather than focusing on the discrepancy and bait and switch fraud at hand, I was being offered to send a copy of my contract and/or my bill breakdown, which of course is NOT the same as what I have. But when I asked to provide MY proof of MY contract and bill breakdown that I signed up for myself, I was being given the run around. I was given a generic fax number that is a main fax going who knows where, with no direct point of contact. 
Long story short - this issue is not resolved because the phone was disconnected by the supervisor Julie and I did not receive a call back. This "bait and switch" act is FRAUD, unjust, and a violation of Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act. This reflects poorly on the company and want this to be rectified. 
Please see the images below. The first one is MY original receipt. The second one was the bait and switch! 
A) B)

Responses

Official Employee

• 

146 Messages

2 m ago

Hey @user_b4b36d, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. We apologize for your experience and I'd love to help. If it is $10.00 off from the quote, than it is most likely the Autopay and Ecobilling discount. On the order approval you should see the following.

"You will receive a $10 monthly discount for 12 months if you enroll in Automatic Payments and Paperless Billing on https://comca.st/3CjUgIW within 30 days of your order date. The discount will appear on your bill within 30 days of enrollment. If you cease to be enrolled in both Automatic Payments and Paperless Billing or no longer subscribe to this offer during the 24-month period, you will no longer receive this discount.".

The autopay discount does take up to 30 days to apply. If you can send us a direct message, I can double check the order to make sure everything is correct. You can send one by clicking the "message" icon in the upper right corner of our forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle Xfinity Support to send us a private message.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityNicolas please review both receipts side by side. BOTH include $10 discount for auto pay and ecobilling. The original package price is what is different, MY original service that I signed up for was $25. It was later changed to $35. Everything else stayed the same. 

Official Employee

• 

146 Messages

@user_b4b36d, I apologize, the second image hadn't loaded on my end yet. I do see it now though and appreciate you sending that. I'd like to take a look at the orders and what happened on this end. Do you mind sending us a direct message so I can see what is going on? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
Again

Expert

• 

26.4K Messages

To send a direct message [private message]:
  •    Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •    Press Enter to send it
[Permission from and credit given to BruceW]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityNicolas I tried sending a direct message but your name did not populate on the list. 

BruceW

Gold Problem Solver

• 

22.9K Messages

2 m ago

@user_b4b36d wrote: @XfinityNicolas I tried sending a direct message but your name did not populate on the list. 

Don't send your message to "XfinityNicolas", send it to "Xfinity Support".

New to the Community?

Start Here