U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 3:18 AM

Closed

Billed for xfinity mobile account that is NOT mine

Received a bill from a debt collector stating I owed money on an xfinity mobile account that was NOT mine. The account belongs to a former roommate of mine. He lives in Virginia. I live in Georgia. The account has my name, but their contact info (email, phone number, prior billing/statements/payments with their info).  Not sure how it automatically logged me into their account to see this info. I just checked the xfinity website when I got the bill from the debt collector and it automatically signed me into their account.

I used to share an xfinity account (cable/internet) with this person, but NOT an xfinity MOBILE account. I don't even have xfinity mobile. I have AT&T. 

I called xfinity mobile customer service (1-888-936- 4968) and explained all of this and they put in a service ticket to fix the problem 2 days ago. It still hasn't been fixed. How do I check the status of the service ticket, get the problem fixed right away, and make sure I'M NOT paying for THEIR xfinity mobile account monthly bills???

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there u/user_9213ab. Unfortunately the mobile team is the only team that's going to be able to help you with this. I'd definitely reach back out to speak with someone else or request a supervisor so, the ticket can be pushed through. I wish we had the ability to do that here, but we don't have access to Xfinity Mobile accounts at all, so I wouldn't be able to see anything.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here