U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Oct 23, 2021 6:14 PM

Closed

Being unreasonably charged for 100 technician fee

I recently moved to a new address and purchased my new modem. But I had problem with account activation so I called xifinity. The first time the presentative ran a modem check for me but she said there weren’t any issue. So she said she will send someone over to check if everything is ok. I asked her if it is free and she said yes. And an appointment was scheduled and she said there was another test that needed to be run and it would took like an hour so she offered to called me back in an hour I said ok. Then later on, another representative called and I mentioned the appointment which I was told it’s free. But he said unfortunately the visitation won’t be free and I said the previous representative said it IS FREE and that’s why I agreed to schedule it. But he kept saying it’s a valid charge and then I asked him then why the previous agent said it’s free, so you mean she was lying and he responded by saying some representatives are not being completely honest, and he offered me a 20% discount but I didn’t think this is right so I refused. And then I called the second time, told the representative about the situation and asked if they could escalate the issue. They said they would do it for me and even gave me a ticket number to follow up. And the representative said she would ask her supervisor to listen to the recording in which the first representative offered me free visitation and then promised to give me a call back once they hear from their “supervisor” but no one ever call! So I called back a week later and found out no one was escalating anything and the visit fee showed up on my bill the next month. I am so disappointed and this is not fair at all. Maybe big companies don’t care about an individual consumer but it doesn’t mean that they can charge us as they see fit without our permission, let alone the false information some of their representatives gave out in order to justify their unreasonable charge. Is there zero protection for consumers whatsoever? 

EG

Expert

• 

93.8K Messages

7 m ago

Concern moved here to the Billing help section for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

779 Messages

7 m ago

Hi there! We are so sorry to hear about this negative experience! Our awesome Digital care team is here to help! Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I was charged $100 for a visit when the technician didn’t even come in my house or repair anything as service still doesn’t work properly.

This is a money grab during a pandemic where people are forced to work at home at depend on Comcast- Xfinity services.  I hope the CFPB gets involved. This is so wrong!! 

Official Employee

• 

291 Messages

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, user_e682bf

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here