U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Sep 17, 2021 6:31 PM

Applying an existing EBB Qualification (via Lifeline website) to a New Xfinity Account

Hello! On September 14, I qualified for the Emergency Broadband Benefit by completing an application on the Lifeline National Verifier (checklifeline.org). I received an email from [Edited: "Personal Information"] confirming that I qualified and giving me my application ID.

I then contacted Xfinity over the phone to set up a new account with no money down, since the 50-dollar credit would be sufficient to pay my Internet bill and equipment rental. I was told, however, that actually applying the EBB benefit itself needed to happen online.

I completed my order on the Xfinity website, giving my Application ID for EBB, and was told I should receive a confirmation email within 48 hours that the benefit has been applied to my account.

48 hours have passed and I haven't received a confirmation email yet. I want to make sure EBB is applied to my account and everything went through properly, and if not, to work out the issue by providing the proper information. This is very important, since I need to make sure EBB is applied before the next bill comes in.

Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

249 Messages

1 m ago

@user_e8fb6b

Good afternoon! Thank you for reaching out and explaining what you have been experiencing with your EBB discount and allowing us to look into this for you. We want to help make sure everything is applied correctly. I know this is time sensitive since we want to resolve any hiccups before your next billing statement if possible. We will need to access your account for this so could you send a direct message to us with your first and last name and your complete address, please?

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityDevinC Done. Thank you Devin!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thanks again Devin. Everything is resolved now!

You guys were able to work out that the order itself had not been confirmed, and you were able to send me an email to confirm the order. Once it was confirmed, I received an email with billing information within a couple of days; in it was a link I was able to follow to confirm that the EBB credit had been applied, and so my bill is less than 1 dollar now. Appreciate the help!

New to the Community?

Start Here