U

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 5:25 AM

Always helpful!!

I've had Xfinity for over six years now and as of lately it definitely isn't worth the price anymore; I pay $110.00 for slow working/dropping internet(when it even connects at all). I had to call tech support four times today and the last person I spoke to said "it isn't an Xfinity issue it must be on your end either the modem or how you configured it" even after I told them multiple times my old modem was having these issues so I was informed by a different tech that buying a replacement could fix the issue so not only did I buy a whole new modem I also replaced the coax cables so everything was completely out of the box brand new, I plugged everything in and did the step by step instructions that were given to me by XFINITY to activate it and still nothing yet somehow it's "not an Xfinity issue" after I finally reached my breaking point of the conversation with the last tech when they kept insisting it was my fault I asked them "so you’re telling me my old modem that used the same WiFi for over six years AND the new one both just woke up one day and decided 'eh I don't want to be synced to this internet anymore and stopped working?" Then I was met with "ohh you already replaced the modem?" Yes, I did like I’ve been saying to you and the three people before you the modem has been replaced and the new one is on my account and everyone before you kept telling me the modem looks great and there's nothing wrong with it so please help me understand how this is my fault? But I appreciate the offer of an "inconvenience discount" for not having WiFi for three days during my school finals. Wonderful work Xfinity, truly...looks like it's time to find a faster and more reliable internet provider:)

Accepted Solution

4 Messages

20 days ago

Update: tech came out after fighting to even keep the appointment since the WiFi came back on temporarily and surprise surprise the second he hooked his diagnostic machine he said “oooh yeah no there is definitely an issue I’m going to take a look outside really fast” 15-20 minutes later this wonderful human comes in and says “yeah it’s the entire building that is messed up so anyone who has WiFi through this building would shut down thankfully you caught it so soon” I told him well it’s been like this for three-ish months so I surprised you guys didn’t get more complaints. But hey no worries Xfinity it’s the way “I configured my modem”:). I forgot his name but that man is a blessing, he put in a temporary patch to get the WiFi working better until they get someone out there to fully fix the issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for the update, and we are happy to hear about your experiance getting that working for now. Our team is always here if you encounter any issues down the road and we if you still have issues with this please let us know.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ here’s a question since you guys love feedback; how has seven days gone by with no one being sent out to fix the issue “getting it working”? Because guess what happened again today? I bet you guessed correctly; it is not working again. Someone(don’t care who at this point) needs to do their job and get this fixed. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

22 days ago

@user_rojtf0 We appreciate your time in reaching out to us here to share your experience. This is never the experience we want for our valued customers. I can definitely take a look and make sure you were credited for the time you were without services. 

Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here