U

Friday, February 16th, 2024 1:46 AM

Closed

3-Year price guarantee reduces to 24 months

On 2/9, I ordered 1 Gigabit Internet Plan for $60/mo ($10 off with autopay) with price guarantee for 36 months. However, after completing the order, I keep getting confirmation emails saying 24 months. I spoke to 2 different chat agents and they assured me that I should receive new confirmation for the 36-month guarantee. Yet I never did. The 3rd chat agent referred me to talk to his/her senior. I responded that I did not want more talks and that I needed a simple and quick answer in writing. The February statement says: "[Regular price $115] Includes a 24 month $35.00 Promotional Discount. A portion of this discount will end on Feb 12, 2026. The remainder of your discount will expire when your promotion end on Feb 12, 2027. " The vague language, such as "A portion of this discount," and "The remainder of your discount" should make one nervous. What is clear to me is: After 2 years, I will pay more, which is contrary to xfinity's 36-month price guarantee. One more thing: After I created my account online, the 3 year price guarantee ad no longer shows on my browser. As an IT professional, I easily understand that it's the work of the xfinity cookies. I switched to a different browser without login, the 3 year price guarantee ad appears intact. I can't help but think:
Is this an honorable way of doing business? 
I'm sure this does not happen to me only. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

8 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_bj4eb0! I'm so sorry you've been getting the run around like that. It does sound like some verbiage got mixed up and relayed the wrong message. I'd be happy to look into this for you to confirm what's going on for you. In order to get started can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

10 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Direct Messaging does not accept your name.

10 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ No chat icon on the top right of my browser, which is Firefox. And I strongly disagree with the excuse of "verbiage got mixed up." I retain screenshots, emails, xfinity statement and chat transcripts.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

What happens when you put in Xfinity Support instead of XfinityAntoine?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@user_bj4eb0 We'll stick with you here until we get this cleared up and make things right. You can find instructions to view the detailed terms of your agreement online here. Please make sure you're signed into the forum page using your Xfinity user ID and password. Once signed in, do you see the icon to message us to the left of your notifications? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

10 Messages

8 months ago

Just sent message to Xfinity Support. Still feel this as a terrible way of doing business. Short changing the customers, not honoring the promotional discount as advertised, etc., is basically a system and management issue. Yet you guys are fixing it piece by piece, on an individual basis, like squeezing the toothpaste tube. Sigh.

10 Messages

8 months ago

Typical bait and switch: Website ad says 3 year price guarantee, but Xfinity Support dug up a contract which says differently. Xfinity, please grow up and run a honest business. You may cheat and make some money, but actually you lose more customers like me.

1 Message

3 months ago

I have been with Xfinity for 4 years now, they consistently raise prices, even when I was in debt and locked in at a fair internet price. They have doubled my internet price. When I moved I was meant to be locked in at $50/ month x 1 year. Now I got charged $110. This put me in debt with them just last year. 

Service is shady 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_cope Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the bill changing in price. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here