U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 17th, 2022 5:06 PM

Closed

$30 Discount for Xfinity Internet With Getting the Xfinity Mobile has been a mess

I am getting so frustrated. Earlier this year I got calls from the Xfinity Mobile rep talking me into getting the Xfinity Mobile, telling me that I would get a $30 discount on my internet each month and could make my total monthly expenses lower and having an extra mobile line. After research and thoughts, I had agreed to sign up in early Feb. So I would expect to see the discount on my Xfinity bills in the subsequent Internet bills. Then all my nightmares started.

When I looked at the Feb bill, I saw a note saying "Include a $30 discount for having Xfinity Mobile, until 2/14/2024". However, for the actual detail line, I only saw a $10 discount. My monthly plan cost is $50/mo and with the $30 discount I should be having $20 as my final cost. But since the amount was incorrectly billed, the total came out to be $40. I reached out to a chat agent and had a $20 credit adjusted and was told that the subsequent bills be corrected.

When March bill came, I again only saw a $10 discount and the bill was $40 again. I reached out and was again given a credit and was told that the subsequent bills would be corrected.

When April bill came, it happened again. When I reached out, I was told that I would be given the credit adjustment and then I would automatically get the adjustments in the subsequent months.

Then when current bill (May) came, not only had I never gotten the credit for April, but also the May bill was even worse... not discount given at all and went back to $50. I reached out and was told that the bill would be corrected (so with the $20 credit for prior month and the $30 discount for current month I would expect to see a $0 bill) and that I should see the bill corrected in 7 days, and the subsequent months' bills to be correctly reflecting the discount.

After almost 2 weeks, I still don't see any credit or revised bill online. I reached out again via chat. After a series of explanation I was transferred to the Xfinity Mobile billing (though this is never about my Xfinity Mobile bill). And after another series of explanation with the Mobile billing agent, I was told that this is internet billing and then was transferred me back. I had been on the chat for almost an hour by now and I'm still waiting for the this to be fixed.

The amount of time I had spent on dealing with this was so much that I regretted of getting the Xfinity Mobile. I almost feel like cancelling the Xfinity Mobile service (because with the incorrect internet bills my monthly cost is higher than before) since I do not really need it. But I got a so-called free phone when signing for the mobile service (but the cost of the phone is credited each month over 24 months) and if I cancel the service I would then have to pay for the remainder of the cost of the phone. This would put me in jeopardy.

Just so frustrated. Previously I would highly recommend friends to get the Xfinity Mobile to enjoy the $30 discount. But I will no longer do that because the billing is so screwed up. I would probably even tell people to get away from it because it's just too much trouble to go through getting billing corrected.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I know how frustrating it is to have a higher bill than you're expecting, especially month after month like this. Please send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and address so that I can get to the bottom of this. You are absolutely in the right place!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ 

I am in the same boat. The 2021 Thanksgiving plan promised to give $30 credit to internet account upon getting into xFinity mobile contract for 24 months but I feel like cheated. 

The agents have no clue about the contract and the offer and they are just passing the ball. I hope someone knowledgeable person can handle this situation and get to the bottom of this.

Official Employee

• 

905 Messages

@user_a1b90c​ 

As a customer myself I am always concerned when my bill is more than what I expected it to be, let’s get this resolved for you, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hi, had a question on how to get benefit of this "Xfinity Mobile Discount Eligibility." I recently upgraded to a newer internet plan that said that I am eligible for $30/month plan. Can someone please shed light on this?

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

Good evening @user_fb96a0! I hope you are doing well and having a great night! Thank you joining our Xfinity mobile family. I hope you are enjoying the service so far! You asked a great question! However, our team here on our Community Forums do not have the ability to review account specifics over social media. We do have a great help site which has a lot of information, comca.st/2VTDwYD. If you are still not finding what you are looking for we would suggest contacting our Mobile experts via one of the following methods: • SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968 • Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968 • Chat: comca.st/2VSTyBT (which I know you've already tried) Our XFINITY Mobile partners are available daily from 7 am to 9 pm EST. I'm confident they'll be able to get this resolved for you. We're here 24/7 if you have any general XFINITY Mobile questions in the future.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I also signed up for the internet plan that offer $30 off with a xfinity mobile last month. I hope I didn't get scammed like so many people that have reported that they never got the $30 discount promised in the contract. This is breach of contract and need to be reported to the FCC.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am in the same boat. The 2021 Thanksgiving plan promised to give $30 credit to internet account upon getting into xFinity mobile contract for 24 months but I feel like cheated. 

The agents have no clue about the contract and the offer and they are just passing the ball. I hope someone knowledgeable person can handle this situation and get to the bottom of this.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Another month passed and the issue is still not fixed. When I reached out again a couple weeks ago, I was only given a $20 credit to correct the April's bill. Then I was told that the $30 correction for May would be applied on my June's bill. Then my June's bill came, it was not fixed. No discount given for Xfinity Mobile. Even worse, I got an extra line of charge for LMTD Basic Convert (I only have Internet service and use my own equipment and don't have any equipment from them) + taxes/fees, bringing my total even higher.

I reached out to the direct message, but after a few days there still wasn't sufficient help to get this resolved. I was told that I already had the $30 discount; otherwise, my bill would have been $90 (they said I have $30 discount + $10 discount for autopay). But it was totally wrong. The $30 discount currently on my bill was when I upgraded my Xfinity service and signed a 1-year contract and in return I would get the monthly $50 rate for 2 years. It had nothing to do with the Xfinity Mobile Discount. When the Mobile Sales Rep talked me into signing up for the plan, I was assured that with the Xfinity mobile discount the bill would be just $20/mo and so it would be to my advantage to sign up for the service. Again, as I mentioned, if it hadn't been because of the deal, I would never sign up for the mobile which I don't really need.

After carefully review my bills for the past few months, I am very certain that the discount was never given correctly. For March & April, it only included a $10 discount. Then starting with May's bill, the discount even disappeared. To date, I have wasted 10+ hours trying to get my bills fixed. I have to contact Xfinity every month since March. Each time it would take me anywhere for half an hour to a couple hours on chat.

If the issue is still not resolved shortly, I will have to complain to FCC or other agencies, because I am feeling that Xfinity is not honoring the contract correctly.

To anyone, if you are thinking of getting Xfinity Mobile because of the discount for internet, DON'T! You will regret for sure. Wait until there is more positive feedback before you go with it. From previous posts, it sounds like this has happened to so many people. So don't risk unless you want to deal with the billing mess every month!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_b63a30​ Mine is almost the same with you. Had to reach out to Xfinity every month but it never gets resolved. I'm really tired of this and have to complain to relevant agencies as well.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

I am sorry to hear you are still having this issue @user_567742. When you reached out to our mobile team, was it by phone or chat?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the exactly same problem, the deal is from end of year 2021, the discount didn't happen, I contacted the support in May 2022, I got the discount, I didn't bother ask the credit for previous months, but in June, price went back, I contact support again got the discount, now it is July price went back again, every time I was told the discount will happen regularly from next month ...

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@ningca01​ Exactly! Every time I was assured that the issue has been fixed but next month it just turn out nothing changes!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I also have this issue. I've been with different chat agents from internet billing team to mobile to internet tech, and seems like they just want you to give up. I didnt let up though and made sure I get the credits manually month to month. But that meant wasting about 2hrs chatting every month.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_72554e​ Exactly! Each time I was transferred several times on the chat and waste at least 2hrs!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Had same exact issue and still struggling

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to our Xfinity Forums, @user_ff6172. Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Peer to peer" message:
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I have internet plan and a mobile line with xfinity. Today an agent told me that I can get a free phone, free line and extra $10 discount on my account. I felt too good to be true and didn't proceed it. Is this a real deal or something else behind it? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@jenny.z  There are many deals right now with stacked discounts and that question is best answered by our mobile sales team at

1 (800) 934-6489

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am in the same boat, I supposed to get $30 and visa gift card but never received!!

over 10 years of being Comcast customer this is very disappointing!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue. 
Got transferred over 4th time as of this moment. No $30 discount. To make things worst, January, they upgraded my internet with a promise they can give me a different discount. Ended up paying more the rest of the year. Now, here I am, trying to connect with them again, but, to make things worst, they never have resolved the issue.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Cheated on Xfinity $30 mobile discount

So I talked to an Xfinity agent and he offered me a promotion with an additional $30 mobile discount because I have an Xfinity mobile. That would bring my cost to $40. When I saw that my upcoming bill was $70 after a few weeks, I called to dispute the charge. The following agent confirmed that I should receive the discount, which the discount and will be reflected after a few days. To my surprise, my bill still says $70, and now when I call the agents someone from India picks it up and escalates the ticket. My call then gets transferred to the supervisor and the supervisor confirms that I am NOT GETTING THE $30 mobile discount.

Make people sign up by luring them with discounts and then say sorry you have to pay the actual amount.

What actions did you guys take against this scam? I am in the same boat.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_c7058c - Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback. It's important to us that clear expectations are set. We'd appreciate the opportunity to speak with you and to help review your account details together. We'll work together to ensure we're all on the same page. Could you please send our team a message with your full name and full address? We can definitely take a further look at this issue.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have been with Xfinity only because my apartment address is under Comcast.

Here are the issues I have encountered since Sept 2nd.

1. Wrong mobile plan was ordered & sent to me, causing an extra data bill

I called for internet service and was convinced to have a mobile service because the mobile bill is significantly cheaper than my current service provider. The agent made the order for me in the call, and I've been using that plan since I received the SIM card. I noticed a 91$ bill on my first cycle because I exceeded the data in the "basic 1GB plan". I called multiple times and spend 4 hours explaining this issue to a different department, but not been resolved. The final solution is I paid 61$ for this cycle (after applying a 30$ credit to correct the bill) and 30$ for the next cycle (after applying 15$ for the amount I paid), ending up 91$ for 2 months. The agents always replied, "the cycle was ended and billed," and asked me to pay whatever showed on the wrong bill. The 30$ off package is a scam and will not be applied to you. The customer service covered the limitations when they first tried to sell the package. 

2. Received an extra TV box, resolving extra 5$ rent per month

I received 2 TV boxes, one is free and the extra one, which I did not order, resulting in an extra 5$ per month. The boxes need to be returned, and the charge won't be returned to you but will apply as a credit for next month's bill. This is selling against my will as I never ordered that TV box.

3. Mobile& internet discount never applied

I'm having the same issue. No matter how many departments I reached, the agent  only replied, " but 10$ is the only discount I see." And the discount "depends on the internet plan" was not mentioned when. I first start the mobile contract with Xfinity. The agent stated no matter what type of mobile package I had; there would be a 30$ discount applied to my internet bill. And then when I received the bill, the agent from the internet bill department said we do not have that discount, it is after I asked to speak to the supervisor, the supervisor said he knew there was a promotion of 30$ off when getting the package, but my plan only eligible for 10$.

Scams and hiding information appeared in every step during the communication, and it was pretty annoying when some agents/supervisors are aware of that and some don't.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_d70477​ 

@jenny.z

What do we do with these people? I am thinking of complaining to FCC regarding this. I was lured into something which was not true in the first place.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I agree, but I don't know what to do either. I only stay with Xfinity because Xfinity is the company that serves my apartment address. I'll return the extra TV box first, have 45$ unlimited plan until next month (because I already paid for it), and cancel after Nov.7. That shall result in a 29.99 monthly bill. 

PS: the cash credit never came in my mail box. The customer service claimed that it took 16 to 18 days to mail it out. It's already been over 50 days.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, I have no problem looking into all of this for you. Can you please send a DM to XFINITY SUPPORT with your name and address for me? Thank you!

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

same here. is there anywhere this is written as contract or something?

BTW: I've already contacted "xfinity support" using direct message.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@jenny.z​ That's the sad part. Most of us signed up for the contract with so called $30 mobile discount over phone so it's a verbal contract. However, they say that they can't find the person with whom you signed the contract over phone.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_c7058c​ Exactly!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have also been ripped off by xfinity mobile. I changed from att to comcast. I was told by many chat operators that i would get 20 per line off my internet bill. I was on phone with them for 2 hours. i never received the discount. I was told that i needed to have cabel tv and a land line bundle to get the discount form my internet bill. They say all communications are recorded. I am going to ask for those transcripts where it will clearly see what i was told. I told them that i will request these transcripts when i signed on for  xfinity mobile. I asked to speak to a manager after 2 hours on the phone after being transferred at least 10 different times. The manager never picked up and they hung up on me.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I too was promised a 30 dollar reduction on Internet bill once I move our two phones over from Verizon to Xfinity mobile. Been chatting with agents for over 40 days and two live agent phone calls, and still getting the run around. I am now going to call the BBB and local news channel and let them know this is deceptive marketing.

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

Hey there.

@user_05704d

I hope your Saturday is off to a great start. 🙂

You can contact our amazing Xfinity Mobile support center via any of the following methods for account-specific issues with Xfinity mobile service and new mobile service offers!

SMS Text Message: 1 (888) 936-4968

Phone: 1 (888) 936-4968

Chat: comca.st/3D4asxo

They will be sure to help with your questions about mobile service! Please let us know if you need anything else. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Dear XFINITY:

Reposting your reply from above! Take care of us who have made the move to switch our phone service to your plans and were told we would recieve a bundled discount on our Internet. No more deceptive marketing and false promises and no more telling us to keep contacting customer service. Take care of ever user on this thread, ok?

Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.

Visitor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I was promised to have $30 discount on my internet plan when add a mobile line.

So I purchased iphone (10/6/2022) and switch from Mobile to xfinity mobile.

For my internet bill OCT 17, 2022 - NOV 16, 2022, there was no discount at all. Like all others, many chats and calls. This is what I have now:

1) still no discount for OCT 17, 2022 - NOV 16, 2022

2) rep said they can see that there is $20 discount on my account, I should see in the next month's bill (NOV 17 to DEC 16)

3) when I asked the $30 discount, rep said my account is not qualified (no reason).

Does anyone actually get the $30 discount? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am seeing many customers are experiencing the same hassles that I have gone through. Since March, I had been contacting Customer Service via numerous phone calls and web chats (had to contact them each month and each conversation could take up to a couple of hours) without any success in getting the credit corrected. After posting in this forum in May, I tried the direct messaging as suggested by Xfinity. It did take a few months to finally have everything resolved in August. There were numerous reps involved. But one thing good about the Direct Messaging is that it has all the tracked conversation and so I did not have to repeat the same questions every time.

I had watched my bills for the past couple of periods to make sure the change was permanent before posting an update in this forum and it had been good. So my suggestion to everyone going through this is to use the direct messaging and be persistent. My guess is that not all reps have the expertise in handling stuffs like this and with persistence there is a hope to finally get a person who knows what's going and what steps to take to get it fixed. The drawback on the direct messaging is that you don't always get response immediately (unlike chat) and so you will need to keep monitoring it. I'm glad that I finally got it resolved and will be need to worry about this for almost 2 years.

As mentioned in my original post, I do think Comcast/Xfinity has a really bad system to handle deals between the Mobile and Internet departments. It appears to me that they are two different entities with not much interaction/integration. Working as a software engineer, I don't think it's really that difficult to implement the deals. After my experience, I just cannot recommend anyone to sign up for the Mobile just to get the internet discounts. Otherwise, it's very likely that they will go through the same hassles and not everyone has that patience. If it hadn't been that the so-called "free" phone is only free after 2 years of active service, I would definitely have just cancelled the mobile service and saved all my time and efforts.

So everyone on this thread, be persistent and get Xfinity to fix it for you. You deserve what you were promised.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here