Statman99's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, May 31st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Why does the TV box keep going offline?

My TV box  goes offline DAILY.  Why?  Is there someting wrong with the cloud?  It is VERY frustrating not being able to change channels.  "Cannot Connect to Internet" is the notification on the screen.  Is there a way to get boxes not dependent on the cloud?  To hardwire them directly into the TV?  I am VERRRRRY frustrated with the service I am receiving and being able to talk to a PERSON about it.

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

4 years ago

Your settop box goes offline because it requires its own connection to internet via its own internal modem, which requires a better signal and "cable plant" than does digital-TV without internet.    A possible solution for you is to trade-in the X1 box for an HD-DTA.   Or for a cable-card if you can find a cable-card-based tuner or DVR that meets your needs on retail or used market.

Currently xfinity seems to is offering us Limited Basic HD-DTA Internet+TV double-play customers a no-extra-cost X1 box so I will try to obtain latest hardware and report back how awesome it is.   (Functionally their first rev hardware was quite awesome and I hear they are up to rev 7 now so I am ready to be impressed.) 

Fwiw and maybe to help other customers:   Locally here under the auspices of Spousal Approver Central Command, the setup includes the two free HD-DTAs plus a free cablecard.   The plan is:  "internet double play" with limited-basic-TV+internet 100Meg/sec double-play - cost is under $77 per month including all tax/fees/everything.    

I hope I have answered your question specifically as well as providing TMI .  😉   Best regards!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Statman99 wrote:

My TV box  goes offline DAILY.  Why?  Is there someting wrong with the cloud?  It is VERY frustrating not being able to change channels.  "Cannot Connect to Internet" is the notification on the screen.  Is there a way to get boxes not dependent on the cloud?  To hardwire them directly into the TV?  I am VERRRRRY frustrated with the service I am receiving and being able to talk to a PERSON about it.

you posted in the dissability area of the forum. is your set top box an X1 box or non-X1? did you receive an error number on the screen? did this set up ever work properly? do you have more than one set top box?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here