Allie22's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 9:00 PM

Closed

Video Description will not turn off

We purchased a movie (Bombshell) a few months ago. I went to watch it on the stream app and all of the sudden video description started playing. I tried to turning it off and the menu for the movie says that video description is not avialable. I checked the accessibility settings for my xfinity account and video description is turned off. Why is it play for this movie and how do I turn it off? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Allie22 wrote:

We purchased a movie (Bombshell) a few months ago. I went to watch it on the stream app and all of the sudden video description started playing. I tried to turning it off and the menu for the movie says that video description is not avialable. I checked the accessibility settings for my xfinity account and video description is turned off. Why is it play for this movie and how do I turn it off? 

what device are you using? have you tried for purpose of testing viewing the program on a desk/laptop or smart phone/tablet?

Contributor

• 

179 Messages

4 years ago

Possibly consider to try disabling SAP audio on the TV itself?    You may have hit a button on the TV remote to turn it on - maybe it is from the TV not from the xfinity app?    

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@bald271 wrote:

Possibly consider to try disabling SAP audio on the TV itself?    You may have hit a button on the TV remote to turn it on - maybe it is from the TV not from the xfinity app?    

SAP/captions on an HDMI connected source are always disabled on ATSC 3.0+ TVs. thank you for the reply. it is a sidecar format caption stream mishandle by the X1.  An engineer can determine if it was an error in the sidecar CC bits (like no/wrong language). 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem shortly after switching to new X1 Cable Box, never before  -  specifically, when watching Nova on PBS.  

I did a web search and learned where to find the setting in the Accessibility Menu, only to see that Video Descriptions were already turned off.  

I turned Video Description ON and the anoying voice went away.    Really??!

Yay Xfinity.   

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Thank you so much.  This was driving us crazy!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Ohhh I think that just worked for me. Thank you. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here