JoMike0308's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, May 24th, 2020 3:00 PM

Closed

Reposition closed captioning bar

1. How do you move the closed captioning bar to the top of the screen?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s not an option

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Just came to ask the same question as the OP. Disappointing response to say the least. They have so many other options but it's as if the person who programmed this stuff doesn't actually use the captions so have no idea that positioning is more important than transluscence or box color to someone who actually needs captions.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Fingolfin269 wrote:

Just came to ask the same question as the OP. Disappointing response to say the least. They have so many other options but it's as if the person who programmed this stuff doesn't actually use the captions so have no idea that positioning is more important than transluscence or box color to someone who actually needs captions.

use the captions setup in X1 set top box menu to adjust type of captions (reverse, etc). you just can't say 'where' to put the captions.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I agree. Less than satisfactory response to your issue from Xfinity.  I have a similar yet different issue. I prefer the closed captioning ALWAYS at the bottom, so it doesn't interfere with my watching the video portion for me.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I want to add my "vote" to have the ability to position the closed captioning bar wherever I want it. Right now I'm watching my local TV station's news. They place a permanent bar across the bottom which is usually very ignorable COVID info, but can be school closures (also ignorable). Above that is the station logo and any subtitles for what they're playing. So that means the CC bar is bumped up near the center of the screen, so it obscures some actual useful info, as you can see below.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I feel the frustration as my father is deaf and uses close caption all the time and feels it blocks more than it should at times. That being said I am going to forward this feedback and check to see if additional settings can be added! If you would like to submit feedback as well you can also go to https://comca.st/32rb8fO and scroll to the bottom there will be a link that says "Submit Feedback".

One thing I did locate that can be helpful is that you are able to choose your own font, background and window styling options. To do this select Custom in the Closed Captioning Style field. If you wish to receive the Closed Captioning style chosen by the programmer for easy reading, switch the style to Auto. To assist you the link: https://comca.st/3sqWK1V is very helpful. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thank you for responding, Dena. The current customization options are not especially helpful. Has there been any progress towards the real solution—moving the CC box location—in four months since you forwarded the feedback? That fix would be a real game changer!

Official Employee

• 

87 Messages

Hi there, @user_c04f9a and thanks for following up on this post regarding the closed captioning repositioning. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate any updates stating that this is yet an option. However, I was able to confirm our customers who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a hearing disability can visit xfinity.com/ASL for additional support. 

You can also find more information here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/accessibility-services, regarding Comcast's Accessibility Support Center for Customers with Disabilities. I know this may not be the resolution you wish to have. Please feel free to continue to use the feedback link to express why repositioning the CC bar would be beneficial for you and other. Since this post is over a year old, it will now be closed and locked. If you have any other issues or concerns, please open a new post with details of your issue and we'd be happy to help however we can. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

That [Edited: "Language"]. Seems like a basic function Comcast should offer. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here